Bob Stoops for our coach - NOT

Roger78

rmahler
Reaction score
I guess we can quit talking about Bob coming to save the day as our coach. The only big game he ever won was with Mike Leach coaching the offense and his brother defense. If he didn't have Mack Brown to kick around he would be nothing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I had a feeling this topic would show up tonight at some point.

scottsp

Reaction score
There was no real talk to speak of. About as serious as Jimmah returning, anyway.

And this....is one of those threads. Just trying to get the post count up. :p

Roger78

rmahler
Reaction score
Just trying to get the post count up? This makes 5 in two years. Just always thought it was dumb to talk about Stoops. We don't need to take the risk. If you are going to replace Parcells at some point in a year or two it needs to be a smart NFL assistant not a gamble to find the next "Jimmy."

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
rmahler said:
Just trying to get the post count up? This makes 5 in two years. Just always thought it was dumb to talk about Stoops. We don't need to take the risk. If you are going to replace Parcells at some point in a year or two it needs to be a smart NFL assistant not a gamble to find the next "Jimmy."
He was talking about his post count, not yours. Tonight, your argument has serious merit.

jamez25

Reaction score
watching Stoops and his land thieves get their *** handed to them by USC was almost as good as Christmas Day...

notherbob

Reaction score
If you're looking for a college coach, how about looking to the USC coach who handed Stoops his head instead of Stoops? OU plays a bunch of weenies every year like a big bully and running up the scores on a bunch of nobodies and I seriously doubt that any OU coach would ever have a winning record in the pros. Don't give me the Barry Switzer arguement, he rode on Jimmah's coattails and as soon as that wore out, the team went downhill like an avalanche.

As lousy as he has been this year, Bill Parcells gives this team its only hope. If he leaves, who would replace him? Anyone dumb enough to work for Jethro is too dumb to get any decent results, especially when the Arkansas idiot starts his inevitable moronic meddling again. Jethro is a complete waste of a perfectly good 2-digit IQ. The only thing dumber than Jethro is Jethro looking in a mirror.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
notherbob said:
If you're looking for a college coach, how about looking to the USC coach who handed Stoops his head instead of Stoops? OU plays a bunch of weenies every year like a big bully and running up the scores on a bunch of nobodies and I seriously doubt that any OU coach would ever have a winning record in the pros. Don't give me the Barry Switzer arguement, he rode on Jimmah's coattails and as soon as that wore out, the team went downhill like an avalanche.

As lousy as he has been this year, Bill Parcells gives this team its only hope. If he leaves, who would replace him? Anyone dumb enough to work for Jethro is too dumb to get any decent results, especially when the Arkansas idiot starts his inevitable moronic meddling again. Jethro is a complete waste of a perfectly good 2-digit IQ. The only thing dumber than Jethro is Jethro looking in a mirror.
I'm the biggest USC fan around, have been since way back with Mike Garrett before the OJ days, but I wouldn't want Pete Carrol....some guys are made for the NFL, and some just suit the college game...he's a great great college coach...but very unsuccessful at the NFL level

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
rmahler said:
I guess we can quit talking about Bob coming to save the day as our coach. The only big game he ever won was with Mike Leach coaching the offense and his brother defense. If he didn't have Mack Brown to kick around he would be nothing.

Please. WHy would one game make you think he can not be successful. I'm glad we didn't take that attitude with Jimmy. And how exactly would this be any worse than watching our "Pedigreed" coach toss an ancient Qb out on the field and claim he gives us the best chance to win? I don't buy it. I'm not saying Stoops would be the saviour, just saying makeing that assumtion at this point is crazy. It wasn't Stoops chucking the picks and fumbling the ball last night.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
rmahler said:

That Mike Leach offense was oh so powerful in the latter half of their 2000 season. Is that why the scored 12 points in the final against FSU.

joseephuss

Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
Please. WHy would one game make you think he can not be successful. I'm glad we didn't take that attitude with Jimmy. And how exactly would this be any worse than watching our "Pedigreed" coach toss an ancient Qb out on the field and claim he gives us the best chance to win? I don't buy it. I'm not saying Stoops would be the saviour, just saying makeing that assumtion at this point is crazy. It wasn't Stoops chucking the picks and fumbling the ball last night.

Carroll has three year of NFL head coaching experience that many already judge him on. I haven't seen enough of him to have an opinion.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I knew there would be someone posting something like this.....

Holy cow....ONE GAME and they make a judgement about a coach like this..

How about his overall record? What he has done to turn them around? How many Championships has he been in, in a relatively short period of time.

No, let's let last night affect everyone's opinion. :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
I knew there would be someone posting something like this.....

Holy cow....ONE GAME and they make a judgement about a coach like this..

How about his overall record? What he has done to turn them around? How many Championships has he been in, in a relatively short period of time.

No, let's let last night affect everyone's opinion. :rolleyes:

Same thing I have said about Parcells. He has had 1 bad season and now we have people who want to run him out of town? As for Stoops the guy is a very good HC and lastnights game did nothing to change that. This coming from a Longhorn fan like myself.

Gooch

E-Dog
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Same thing I have said about Parcells. He has had 1 bad season and now we have people who want to run him out of town? As for Stoops the guy is a very good HC and lastnights game did nothing to change that. This coming from a Longhorn fan like myself.

Seems to be a symptom of todays short attention span mentality. I don't think Landry could have coached in this era. One bad year, then out of a job.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
I cant say much about stoops or his career but i do have to admit that it was a shocker last night on how poorly they played and how out coached and totally out played Oklahoma was. I expected a much closer and better game then that. Maybe Auburn and USC would have been a better game. Lets hope College football gets it right soon.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
E-dog said:
Seems to be a symptom of todays short attention span mentality. I don't think Landry could have coached in this era. One bad year, then out of a job.

That is the way it appears, everyone wants a winner and they want it now and not only that they want the coach to do things the way they think it should be done. I hand it to teams like the Steelers who have stuck with Cower despite being on the so called hot seat on different occations.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
What people don't realize is that USC was that good. They won back to back national championships which hasn't been achieved since Nebraska did it in the mid 90's. Most teams only have one genius coach. They have two. Norm Chow is an offensive genius and Carrol is a defensive genius. Those two have created one amazing team. So I don't fault Stoops for getting his butt kicked because USC was that good.

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
What people don't realize is that USC was that good. They won back to back national championships which hasn't been achieved since Nebraska did it in the mid 90's. Most teams only have one genius coach. They have two. Norm Chow is an offensive genius and Carrol is a defensive genius. Those two have created one amazing team. So I don't fault Stoops for getting his butt kicked because USC was that good.

The only thing that I see in regards to Stoops. While I give him all the credit in the world for what he has done with the OU program, I don't think he got the equal amount of criticism that he or his teams deserved after they lost back-to-back final games of the season to their clearly inferior cross state rival OSU. Then last year's back-to-back losses against Kansas State and LSU.