Bob Stoops for our coach - NOT

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
jamez25 said:
watching Stoops and his land thieves get their *** handed to them by USC was almost as good as Christmas Day...

Kinda like how you cant win against OU and beg someone to knock them off. Well it happend. Let me remind you folks of something.

I ONLY happened in the NC championship game. True we didnt show last year or this year. Do something about getting OU there. Knock them out in the regular football season.

No wonder you pitiful Texas fans have such a "Cantstangya" attitude concerning OU. You cant do jack about it. Because your Horns cant beat OU.

Your our Washington Commanders. Face it. :)

Ou stunk up the place lastnight. Ill be the first to admit it.

Im glad of one thing. Mack Brown is w/ you until 2014. =)

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
I knew there would be someone posting something like this.....

Holy cow....ONE GAME and they make a judgement about a coach like this..

How about his overall record? What he has done to turn them around? How many Championships has he been in, in a relatively short period of time.

No, let's let last night affect everyone's opinion. :rolleyes:

Is it just one game though? Didn't the Sooners lose the Big 12 Championship last year 35-7 and then have their behinds handed to them by LSU in the Sugar Bowl?

Roger78

rmahler
Reaction score
Thanks CanandianCowboyFan that was my point exactly. I wasn't talking about "one game."

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:
Is it just one game though? Didn't the Sooners lose the Big 12 Championship last year 35-7 and then have their behinds handed to them by LSU in the Sugar Bowl?

When you look at where OU was before Stoops and what they look like today it does show what a great job he has done.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
When you look at where OU was before Stoops and what they look like today it does show what a great job he has done.
Stoops proved how horrible a coach John Blake was in a hurry. That's for sure.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don't like Stoops or Oklahoma....as a matter of fact, I've always hated anything and anyone related to Oklahoma since back in their Switzer option days....totally irrational.

However, Stoops certainly isn't responsible for his QB stinking up the place or for his receivers falling down everywhere after being hit hard a few times, and he can't help it if a good defensive team finally brought the Peterson fanatics back to reality.

royhitshard

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan said:

Correction...they didnt get their butts handed to them by LSU, they lost by 7 points, and had two tries at the end to tie it. Did they get beat, yes, butts handed to them...not even close. USC kicked their butt, but LSU did not.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
The only thing that I see in regards to Stoops. While I give him all the credit in the world for what he has done with the OU program, I don't think he got the equal amount of criticism that he or his teams deserved after they lost back-to-back final games of the season to their clearly inferior cross state rival OSU. Then last year's back-to-back losses against Kansas State and LSU.

I think Stoops should be criticized for last years performance because the team was clearly not humble and that showed in their losses to K. State and LSU. And unlike this year, I think we should have beaten LSU. We just played really bad. But this year, I don't fault Stoops. USC was in a class by itself and there is nothing Stoops and OU could have done other than hope USC would play their worst game. Yeah the turnovers hurt us at the beginning of the game but those turnovers don't explain a 55-19 loss. We didn't have to allow their offense to score off those turnovers the way they did. USC still outscored OU in the second half and that included USC sitting out their starters in the 4th quarter