Bob Sturm: Cowboys big three contracts around the corner

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I dont watch film...nor do I know what secondary individual assignments are on any particular play...

But if the murmurings around here are TRUE that Diggs bites and gets burned or takes too many risks along with being reluctant to tackle...I would side with caution on extending him to top tier money early.

Yes...I know Deion was not a willing tackler. Yes...I understand that Diggs could have some innate ability to extremely excel at interceptions and thats probably worth a decent penny in this league. I just think you have to let time prove that hes extraordinary at interceptions or that he is a sound defender that doesnt take risks that hurt your team.

IMO, CeeDee and Micah seem to have a skill set that is not in question long term. Unless CeeDee just has crazy drops this year or next...I think his play has proven him to be a Star in this league. To be honest...I know nothing about his blocking, route running(saw some routes in this camp already that looked good but Im just a casual and not a coach) or how cerebral he is as far has knowing the playbook and watching film. His God given talent already seem to make him a top producer though.

If Diggs excels this year...seems like Lamb would be the odd man out as WR is easier to find than a shut down corner or a corner that produces INT's.

Them

Reaction score
QUICK! TO THE BATCAVE STEPHEN JONES' OFFICE!

du nah du nah du nah du nah CAP EXPERT! du nah du nah du nah du nah CAP EXPERT! du nah du nah du nah du nah CAP EXPERT! CAP EXPERT! CAP EXPERT!

du nah du nah du nah du nah CAP EXPERT!!!

"HOLY CHEAP CONTRACTS CAPMAN!!!"......
ebLRGPY.jpg

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
As usual, fans are overreacting....there isn't a CB who hasn't been burned in PRACTICE. IF Diggs was as bad as those two plays, no way he's a starting NFL CB or hell even in the league.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I dont watch film...nor do I know what secondary individual assignments are on any particular play...

But if the murmurings around here are TRUE that Diggs bites and gets burned or takes too many risks along with being reluctant to tackle...I would side with caution on extending him to top tier money early.

Yes...I know Deion was not a willing tackler. Yes...I understand that Diggs could have some innate ability to extremely excel at interceptions and thats probably worth a decent penny in this league. I just think you have to let time prove that hes extraordinary at interceptions or that he is a sound defender that doesnt take risks that hurt your team.

IMO, CeeDee and Micah seem to have a skill set that is not in question long term. Unless CeeDee just has crazy drops this year or next...I think his play has proven him to be a Star in this league. To be honest...I know nothing about his blocking, route running(saw some routes in this camp already that looked good but Im just a casual and not a coach) or how cerebral he is as far has knowing the playbook and watching film. His God given talent already seem to make him a top producer though.

If Diggs excels this year...seems like Lamb would be the odd man out as WR is easier to find than a shut down corner or a corner that produces INT's.

Good post

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I wonder if all journalists save these types of articles when they really don't have something significant to report.

Let's stir up the fans about something that will happen in two years.

Dallas is about to go into a season and question marks abound. But let's throw a fire cracker in the burn barrel and get crap started. Makes me wonder if they see who can start the longest thread in The Zone and brag about it to other people who cover the Cowboys.

Come on, Sturm.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I’m not paying Ceedee unless he becomes a top 5 receiver. He’s good not special. Micah you hand him a blank check.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Diggs makes plays, but also gives up a ton of plays. I would need to see consistency before reupping him.

Cee Dee I lean towards reupping him. We will see how he does as the #1 guy.

Micah? He might be the first $30M a year defender when his time comes
Donald makes 30M

FanofJerry

Reaction score
this
You trade Diggs and pick his replacement

Just for clarification reasons...

Is corner not harder to find than WR? Or is CeeDee that talented to you?(I think CeeDee is awesome and has the ability to be a top receiver in this league)

If Diggs shows ability to snag INT's again...what kind of flaws would prevent you from signing him over CeeDee? Reluctance to tackle? Taking too many risks?

Genuinely curious.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Fine.

Judge him based off the 1,00 yards he gave up last season instead.

Context......how does he make ALL PRO? Based on your statement, he has no business in the league, let alone starting.

Diggs is also a first-time All-Pro selection. The second-year cornerback led the league with 11 interceptions during the regular season.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Context......how does he make ALL PRO? Based on your statement, he has no business in the league, let alone starting.

Diggs is also a first-time All-Pro selection. The second-year cornerback led the league with 11 interceptions during the regular season.
11 INTs gets you a lot of things.

It gets you 1st team all pro while ignoring that you easily lead the league in passing yards given up. He also lead the league in penalties for a CB.