Bob Sturm: Cowboys big three contracts around the corner

ghst187

Reaction score
You extend Lamb if he plays like a 1

I don’t overpay for Diggs

Micah gets a blank check

they wouldn’t pay Amari (consensus too 10 guy) 75% of current rate, why would they pay Ceedee (not top 10) top five money (which is what he will want)? Oh yeah, because we have bozos in the FO.
I wouldn’t overpay Diggs either unless he follows up that 11 int year with another high INT season.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
extend Dak? if he plays through his 9th year as a pro and still has 1 playoff win (tbd) are we sure they stay with him?

There are few coaches/GM/owners that would probably move on but Jerry isn't one of them. Dak will get his extension. In fact, don't be surprised if they approach him next season, the same as they did with Romo with a year left.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
11 INTs gets you a lot of things.

It gets you 1st team all pro while ignoring that you easily lead the league in passing yards given up. He also lead the league in penalties for a CB.

It's coz the impact of interception is far more important than CB yards given up or penalties. That's not hard to see......hell, I would argue if he completes this season with 7-8 interception and give up the same 1000 yards, he'll make ALL PRO again.

rags747

Reaction score
Gotta be honest here, not thrilled with paying any receiver $24m per year.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
It's coz the impact of interception is far more important than CB yards given up or penalties. That's not hard to see......hell, I would argue if he completes this season with 7-8 interception and give up the same 1000 yards, he'll make ALL PRO again.
Well I hope he doesn't give up that many yards again.

You know how many first downs, extended drives, and time off the clock all those yards given up cost us? That needs to be cleaned up big time.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If they decide to extend Dak they can structure it to lower his cap hit and make room for the others.

Exactly......as mentioned above. I could easily see them approaching him next season, not waiting until the 2024 drop-dead date. Not to mention, I think they learned their lesson the longer they wait the more it cost. Then again, Dak may wanna bet on himself.....again.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If other teams can afford to pay big bucks to multiple stars, so can we. The secret is to keep drafting and developing well; then you pay the big bucks to the guys who are special, and you replace the other guys with guys on rookie contracts or cheap 2nd contracts.

pitt33

Reaction score
You extend Lamb if he plays like a 1

I don’t overpay for Diggs

Micah gets a blank check
Perfect

Totally agree.

And that’s how I think it plays out. If he keeps ascending at his current trajectory Parsons next contact should make him the highest paid defensive player.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
extend Dak? if he plays through his 9th year as a pro and still has 1 playoff win (tbd) are we sure they stay with him?
Yes because it's DAK..........I mean what's the field goal kicker gonna do all game long????:muttley:

Plankton

Reaction score
FN63ky9WQAQ_27t.jpg

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are few coaches/GM/owners that would probably move on but Jerry isn't one of them. Dak will get his extension. In fact, don't be surprised if they approach him next season, the same as they did with Romo with a year left.
After 28 years of GM/Coach Jerry, one wouldn't be surprised that the above occurs and also included having Dak with a record-breaking contact making him once again the highest-paid QB in the league.
Now, how's 40 years without a Superbowl sound....?????

erod

Reaction score
So Diggs and Lamb have more to prove. But Micah after one single season gets whatever he wants? Interesting...
Micah was the best defensive player in the NFL last year other than Donald.

Diggs doesn't cover well, and my guy CeeDee has to prove it going uphill with this QB.

PAPPYDOG

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Micah was the best defensive player in the NFL last year other than Donald.

Diggs doesn't cover well, and my guy CeeDee has to prove it going uphill with this QB.
After 1 season Micah is headed for the HOF....only in Cowboy land.:confused:
CD still has a lot to prove now that he will be facing top CB and he always has that Dak handicap that works against him.
Diggs is way too early and still has a long way to go to prove he is an island out there.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
After 1 season Micah is headed for the HOF....only in Cowboy land.:confused:
CD still has a lot to prove now that he will be facing top CB and he always has that Dak handicap that works against him.
Diggs is way too early and still has a long way to go to prove he is an island out there.

Didn’t you say Dak wasn’t going to get extended after his rookie deal?

Proof

Reaction score
You don't over pay the guy getting cooked by practice squad receivers in training camp.

Diggs has a lot more to prove.

lol this is incredibly shortsighted and flat out dumb. guys been all we could ask for.would be like if i said “you don’t give a blank check to a guy who gets stiff armed to the ground by a wr in the biggest game of the season”