Bob Sturm on Mazi Smith

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
"#1 on Bruce Feldman's Freak List" was basically Mazi's entire resume at Michigan. He was a zero on the field, and he didn't back those numbers up with the little Pro Day testing he did.

Now one year later, he's done nothing as a rook, and we're back to bringing up the old magazine article again. I wonder if that's all Mazi will ever have.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
"#1 on Bruce Feldman's Freak List" was basically Mazi's entire resume at Michigan. He was a zero on the field, and he didn't back those numbers up with the little Pro Day testing he did.

Now one year later, he's done nothing as a rook, and we're back to bringing up the old magazine article again. I wonder if that's all Mazi will ever have.
He came from a good team and great defense. I can’t buy they were good in spite of him when he plays the position he does.

Cmac

Reaction score
Still plenty of time for this kid to be the player we need......patience

I hope this wasn't from the scouting department prior to draft selection. I really do. If so, I'm calling the Cowboy HR department this afternoon to apply for scouting openings.

1942willys

Reaction score
Yall want Mazi to be a bust so bad lol. Truly a sickness. This fan sickness must be Jerry's fault too
And those unwilling to say it like it is are nothing but Jerry Minions

Mazi had shown nothing so far; but the idea is to give a guy three years
Bottom line you expect a first rd pick to contribute seriously in his first year and all Mazi has done is fill space

Majic

Reaction score
I wonder if this could be a factor in moving on from Quinn ( I doubt it)

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Bottom line you expect a first rd pick to contribute seriously in his first year and all Mazi has done is fill space
Saying it like it is is saying Mazi will never be a good player? Didn't know being a realist meant having psychic powers as well. Interesting. Tell me more

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
jumping up stairs isn't playing football. He was picked early and needs time. Or, maybe this is what he is.

Sydla

Reaction score
I mean sure it's too early to give up but it's also disconcerting that he didn't show much as a rookie. The same thing happened with Taco, who after his rookie year, people kept saying be patient, he's raw, etc.

Hopefully this doesn't turn out like Taco.

1942willys

Reaction score
I really hope the truth in that story comes out this off season.
Its not that he is sick; that certainly would have leaked
And I find it hard to believe its accidental
So the club must have wanted him to do this which pretty much craps over the whole premise of why he was picked in the first place
But would not be the first time the boys tried to force a square peg in a round hole

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This entire post is so wrong. He wasn't expected to come in and look like Randy White in his prime.

If you did truly expected Mazi to come in and "contribute seriously in his first year" then your expectations were out of whack before the season even started.