Bob Sturm on Mazi Smith

Plankton

Reaction score
Smith needs technique work - he sits way too much to his feet in terms of weight distribution in his stance, and it contributes to him being late to fire off the ball. For him to drop 40 pounds, it makes me wonder whether he had a thyroid issue, because weight loss during a season to that level is beyond abnormal. I still think he has ability, but he needs Aden Durde or Dan Quinn to put in time with him to clean up his technique.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Not true. We simply watch his play on the field.
There's no on field play from anybody we draft that would make me call them a bust in year 1. I hated Joseph before, during and after the draft. I didn't call him a bust year 1 and he was a premium pick. And if you know anything about this website and are honest you know if most posters predict something they want to be right.

glimmerman

Reaction score
But that position (DT) usually takes time, especially drafting outside the top 15. Besides, don't expect big stat numbers. A lot of success from this position is cleaning up the dirty work ..... a lot of posters know this.
Everyone expecting suh or donald.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He was more disappointing than Taco and Tristan Hill during their rookie seasons.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Well, I think you will agree, some rookies need time.......nothing wrong with that. What were your expectations for him?
Signs of life. Make like 1 play a game, beat a few blocks, show that you have that potential to defeat OLs in you.

He had 2 or 3 nice pass rush wins this year and a ton of washouts against the run. In fact, he was one of the worst run defenders in all of football.

If you told me that was Bohanna out there, I'd believe you. He looked like the same kind of fringe NFL player.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Yall want Mazi to be a bust so bad lol. Truly a sickness. This fan sickness must be Jerry's fault too
To BE a bust?? Dude IS a bust. "I don't even like football" will be the only thing he's ever remembered for. At least the guy was honest.