Bob Sturm on the Dak Negotiations

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
If there is a season I wonder if they will have fans in the stands. Much to figure out and the season is coming up quick. I am hoping the numbers of infected start to fall and more things get back to normal. Football season has always been my favorite time.
I think it is pretty clear there will be a season but no fans in stands (at least early in year).

NFL rookies report tomorrow and vets next week on the 28th.

the NFL is NOT going to let this season be a wash and have to give the networks another year postponing their mega streaming deals coming in a couple season.
It would cost them insane money.
175M per owner on average for even empty stadiums plus at least that much on losing a season of the streaming deal.
That's 350M per owner on average.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
the nfl owners, if nothing else, are a most altruistic group of billionaires. no doubt they will show their losses as far greater than imagined:). (smilies denote sarcasm)
it is their greed that will force the playing this year and ensuring lack of owed season to the major networks.
no one is counting on them being altruistic just basic businessmen with eyes on the bottom line.

cern

Reaction score
I think it is pretty clear there will be a season but no fans in stands (at least early in year).

the NFL is NOT going to let this season be a wash and have to give the networks another year postponing their mega streaming deals coming in a couple season.
175M per owner on average for even empty stadiums plus at least that much on losing a season of the streaming deal.
i hope you're right. but currently california, texas and florida are the states with the most rapidly rising number of covid cases. 4 teams in california, 2 in texas and 3 in florida. that's 25% of the nfl. texas is going into shut down mode again. florida, too.

glimmerman

Reaction score

That’s so much money it’s crazy. And that’s every year. No wonder JJ bought a yacht.

glimmerman

Reaction score
i hope you're right. but currently california, texas and florida are the states with the most rapidly rising number of covid cases. 4 teams in california, 2 in texas and 3 in florida. that's 25% of the nfl. texas is going into shut down mode again. florida, too.
I live in Florida and they aren’t shutting down again. They are pushing town to town and counties about wearing masks mandatory. Reversed some of the restaurants back to 50%.

glimmerman

Reaction score
capital gains. can't be taxed on it until he sells, which he probably won't. it will go to stephen and charlotte.
Must be nice. I think they were just in Alaska a while back cruising the inside passage.

cern

Reaction score
Must be nice. I think they were just in Alaska a while back cruising the inside passage.
i went in early july and will be returning in august when the coho start their run. i had to shut down the lodge this year, but i have two guides and the gm there to keep an eye on things. it sucked to do so, because i had plans to take several wounded warriors for some fishing. hopefully all will return to normal by next season.

glimmerman

Reaction score
i went in early july and will be returning in august when the coho start their run. i had to shut down the lodge this year, but i have two guides and the gm there to keep an eye on things. it sucked to do so, because i had plans to take several wounded warriors for some fishing. hopefully all will return to normal by next season.
I think it will. I knew it would increase here eventually. Open things back up and people get around each other and it was gonna happen. Wife and I are more worried about our parents then anything else. Disney is opening so you know things are going to get better soon.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Texas Motor Speedway opened with fans this weekend.
They aren't banning football at pro levels.
HS and college are very possibly banned.

Pro sports without fans is pretty much the known operating model across pro sports.
Right now games are even much more must see as there is no competition for entertainment.

khiladi

Reaction score
you see real quick who you can have a legit conversation with and then you see someone say" Dak was the laughing stock of the league to fans across the league" you cant be serious ......so im guessing his laughing stock of the league started with his rookie of the year season?

After his rookie season, when he got exposed, he was. RG3 also accomplished a lot his rookie season. And RG3 didn’t have anywhere close to as talented a roster as Dak.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...-up-to-2017-struggles-claims-to-have-the-fix/

There have been many NFL analysts that have questioned how great Prescott really is, since his NFL career began in one of the best situations a rookie quarterback could ask for. The offensive line, a star running back in Elliott, and veteran pass catchers were viewed as a surrounding cast that could make any quarterback look great.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...at-hasnt-happened-since-quincy-carter-in-2003

Last edited: