Bob Sturm on the Dak Negotiations

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If they wanted the contract done but ran out of time, that's a horrific job by the agent.

Everything....EVERYTHING points toward France being a horrific player rep.

Fans are always against players come contract time so it's a blame the player or the agent thing always. Agents do what they're paid to do and it's all legal just like a club woudn't think twice about jettisoning a player if they had the leverage. But the elephant in the room that no on wants to talk about is that with all those rumored deals, none of them had the guaranteed amount in the $120M range, which is half way between Goff and the $130M figure an article had on what could be expected looking at other deals, plus one year beyond them. Not one. Those weren't fair offers, albeit rumors. I wouldn't have signed them either.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I hear you and agree with your base point.

Although we do need to realize that he was raised by some pretty awful coaches around him, and the one who is supposedly any good at all was his peer.

I'm anxious to see if your point here can be overcome with new and better coaching, or if it is indeed just him, or too late to overcome.
I can't answer your question.

Dak from an athletic viewpoint is a survivor.

He's basically been a guy who has been mostly an opportunist.

This is what he is basing his chances of winning his contract.

It's always been the same for him. It's not alot of pressure for him.

It's more a step by step advance for him.

This is what is meant about "betting against himself".

Gamblers always think they have a way of reading the cards, analyzing the odds.

That's Dak.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
JJ isn't going to sign him after this season, he knows if he signs Dak then he'll have his fake brother Tad hanging around building....ha-ha!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
How do you see this Tweet, right after Jordan re-tweeted the Dez post? Where is Dez in that picture? And if that’s the case, it makes it even look worse after what they did to Romo for this guy.

Dez' point is Romo got paid no problem. He's said this before. How do you think Dez has now switched sides to be against Dak getting his? They all just worked out together a few weeks ago.

kskboys

Reaction score
You seem to be a in a small minority who considers Todd France a "bridge burner".
Actually, I'd say the opposite is true. Most seem to think as I do. Start a poll, it'd be interesting to see the results.

kskboys

Reaction score
This'll probably get deleted but I think that last tweet summed up how "I" was interpreting that Dez and other tweet. To see it the another way is probably seeing what you wanted to see.
Very sad.

The sad part is I love you as a poster, but I think you're simply off in your way of thinking. I think you know w/o saying that I'm saying that respectfully.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dez' point is Romo got paid no problem. He's said this before. How do you think Dez has now switched sides to be against Dak getting his? They all just worked out together a few weeks ago.
Dude, they were trying to pay him. Romo was not holding out and refusing huge contracts. Dak is.

Plus, Romo got paid huge when Jerry was forced to ask Romo to renegotiate due to Jerry's prior horrific cap mgmt.

khiladi

Reaction score
Welp, that's what it looks like then. My point is no player will ever call out another player trying to get his, even guys on the same team who are also trying to get a piece of the pie. They all know what that is like. Dez knows too.

That makes sense, the more that I read it, although this “pick a side” seems to allude to the other position. It’s definitely very possible that’s what Dez meant, but that makes it even worse.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Very sad.

The sad part is I love you as a poster, but I think you're simply off in your way of thinking. I think you know w/o saying that I'm saying that respectfully.

Nah, you're off here. Wasn't commenting on the right or wrong of what they were saying, only what it appeared those guys to be saying that another poster was interpreting as them being against Dak. Quite the contrary.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nah, you're off here. Wasn't commenting on the right or wrong of what they were saying, only what it appeared those guys to be saying that another poster was interpreting as them being against Dak. Quite the contrary.
Fair enough. (Glad to hear it.)

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Dude, they were trying to pay him. Romo was not holding out and refusing huge contracts. Dak is.

Plus, Romo got paid huge when Jerry was forced to ask Romo to renegotiate due to Jerry's prior horrific cap mgmt.

And like I stated in my other post, they needed to up the guarantee amount. Kept seeing $110M-ish in 5 years to what Goff got in 4 years. That's not a fair deal to me if you're asking for an extra year.

khiladi

Reaction score
When I was Dak's age none of my friends ever said anything stupid.

BRB, I have to go thank God a billion times Twitter didn't exist back then.

Did you have a multi-million dollar contract on the line as the QB of the most prestigious organization in football?

khiladi

Reaction score
Like I said, people assume the cap is going to keep growing. That is all based on the fact economic growth is always upwards and anybody following the economy knows how precarious the situation is.

Like I said in another thread, Jerry invested close to 500 million in energy stock last year, Comstock,that last over forty percent of its value in May of this year. He even said his energy stocks is what paid for Zeke when Zeke got his contract.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/05/14/why-comstock-resources-plummeted-36-at-the-open-on.aspx

Proof

Reaction score
I just don't understand why if Dak truly wanted to stay in Dallas, maintain his relationship with the team and keep his "team guy" image intact why he would hire a guy like Todd France. Maybe that stuff wasn't important to him and if so, rock on. But being the QB of the Cowboys is a position of glamor and opportunity offered by few others in sports. He had a new coach coming in whose claim to fame was making quarterbacks better and a locker room full of teammates who believed in and were ready to run through a brick wall for him. Jerry told the world about his love for Dak, wanted him to be a Cowboy forever, and everybody knows Jerry is loyal and good to the players he likes, to fault. So why France? No way Dak didn't know what he was doing.

he still has all those things. Relax

Proof

Reaction score
There are dozens of good agents out there and Dak hired France. Everybody knows what France is all about. Dak knew exactly what he was doing. I don't know if that means he's greedy or not but it does mean he hired an agent known for playing extreme hardball to negotiate with an owner who has professed his love for Dak and is known for being generous to get the deal done with players he likes.

Would seem like an easy pairing then, no?

khiladi

Reaction score
The QB market is way over-inflated in terms of price as it is. The NBA is even more ridiculous, but at least NFL viewership has a high. The NBA has been losing viewership this last season to a LARGE degree, way before Corona. Nobody was watching.

You think people are going to continue to pay hundreds of dollars to see a football game now, like they were doing?

Qcard

Reaction score
So you don’t think Dak thinks that way, when he’s not telling his friends to shut up and stop making nonsensical statements on Twitter that aren’t true and are embarrassing?
Are you responsible for everything good or bad thing your friends or family have said about you?