Bob Sturm on Tyron Smith

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Dak played like caca regardless of the O-line. The first interception was inexcusable. He’s got to make better decisions. The 49ers have done it to him two years in a row in the playoffs. Dak is what he is. He has hit his ceiling. I’m hoping the team recognizes that and not ask him to do more because he just can’t do it. In 2, maybe 3 more years, Dak probably won’t even be a top 20 quarterback. It’s only a matter time before he starts to decline. There’s also the injury concern. He’s getting older and more fragile. What are the chances he completes this season without missing a game?
No, you're wrong. Absolutely wrong. You don't know more than Mike Martz, Mike McCarthy and Kurt Warner when it comes to understanding film and breaking down QBs. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to the facts.

12+88=7

Reaction score
When someone claims there's a single reason a game was lost, you can comfortably ignore everything they have to say.
The two turnovers led directly to the loss. They were the reason for the loss.

When someone denies this "you can comfortably ignore everything they have to say"

You could go on about the offense, the defense, special teams, coaching, travel, the weather, whatever.

Dallas 2 turnovers, SF none. That was the game.

Tussinman

Reaction score
The premise of this thread is completely wrong

First of all, that’s 6 bad snaps in an entire game

Secondly, Bob states specifically that the hate T. Smith is receiving is NOT warranted - based solely on his play.

So not sure what the OP is talking about here.
Yeah the topic creator misread what the tweet was actually trying to say

He was saying Tyron's worst game of the entire year coming off a torn hamstring playing on the opposite side against the DPOY and he still only had six plays that really stood out as bad

Bob is saying the hate is unfair and not justified, he's not saying he was awful or trash.

There was actually a period if I remember correctly in the second quarter where Tyron put Bosa on the ground in back-to-back plays and Bosa went opposite side the next 2 series......

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Had Tyron come in and played without some mistakes, it would have been very surprising. He was playing a position he hadn’t played in about a decade… after playing the opposite side for years… and had missed the whole season after pulling his hamstring off the bone.

Anyone expecting him to have no bad snaps when having to deal with all of that, simply had unrealistic expectations of him.

If he can stay healthy (big if), he certainly is still good enough and young enough to be a very good LT.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
These clips show a hole lot more problems than just Tyron...confused blitz pick ups, horrible route assignments, collapsing pocket in more than one area.... and my god thank you for not paying Schultz because that man is lost on every play. And for FS tell the damn WR to stop turning all the way around to see the ball run under it and go.
Yeah, any given play can show a multitude of things, but the focus is looking at Tyron individually.

He looked bad.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Sad how some of you can't see how Dak's performance against the 49ers was mostly because of the poor pass protection by the Oline, bad receiver routes and absolutely no rushing attack whatsoever. The 49ers just pinned their ears back and came hard on pass rush nonstop because our Oline stunk that bad. The tape proves it. But let's blame Dak no matter what since he's the $40 million dollar man.

Lol -- you look at his only bad snaps in the game and it proves not a thing.

12+88=7

Reaction score
It's a fact when it comes to that particular poster. Deal with it.
When have I interjected Romo into any conversation? I haven't and you're lying.

You are the one who constantly deflects bringing Romo into the conversation to avoid scrutiny of Prescott.

My first QB was Dandy Don and many QBs have come and gone. As will Prescott one day. It doesn't matter because I root for Dallas and not the players.

This will be the 7th year that Romo is not on the team. Romo is as relevant as Eddie, Don, Roger, or another QB in Dallas history, when it comes to the current Dallas team. Get over your obsession with him.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
No, you're wrong. Absolutely wrong. You don't know more than Mike Martz, Mike McCarthy and Kurt Warner when it comes to understanding film and breaking down QBs. You're entitled to your opinion, but you're not entitled to the facts.
The facts are 2 INTs, 12 points and he played like crap.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
When have I interjected Romo into any conversation? I haven't and you're lying.

You are the one who constantly deflects bringing Romo into the conversation to avoid scrutiny of Prescott.

My first QB was Dandy Don and many QBs have come and gone. As will Prescott one day. It doesn't matter because I root for Dallas and not the players.

This will be the 7th year that Romo is not on the team. Romo is as relevant as Eddie, Don, Roger, or another QB in Dallas history, when it comes to the current Dallas team. Get over your obsession with him.
You've brought up Romo in the past and defended him against Dak. No need to feint blows.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The facts are 2 INTs, 12 points and he played like crap.
The facts were explained by Mike Martz and Kurt Warner as to whose fault it was for each interception. Plus, this video proves even more what was going on with the pass protection (or serious lack of it) and how that affected Dak's performance (as it would have for any other QB) under such duress.

12+88=7

Reaction score
You've brought up Romo in the past and defended him against Dak. No need to feint blows.
I believe you stated seasons started versus games started was the last time we had a disagreement on Romo. It always had to do with facts and not about opinion when commenting on Romo.

I have never stated that Prescott sucks or worse as you have with Romo. That's where we differ. I don't make it personal. I don't have a dog in the fight. When Prescott is gone I will root for the next player as I've done for 50+ years following the team. Prescott is just a cog as Romo was before him.