Twitter: Bob Sturm vs Ian Rapaport Twitter battle

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I always get a kick out of these exchanges. You follow enough media folks and you realize that some of them really don't like each other. lol

Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 1h
Ian Rapaport says Rodgers will be shut down if they lose Sunday. Of course, he also said Hatcher/Romo had a fight and Big Ben to be traded.
I forgot about the Maurice Jones Drew trade. Another Rapoport classic
On this planet I am designing, scoops are monitored and catalogued if you call yourself an Insider. Fall below 50% and the floor opens up.

George Paschall ‏@geopaschall 2h
@SportsSturm are you still blocked by @RapSheet , Bob??

Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 1h
@geopaschall @RapSheet not sure. Don't follow fiction writers.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h
@SportsSturm I never said that. Not sure what you're doing, but I never said that. Said it is a possibility.

Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 49m
@RapSheet not sure? Let me be clear: you lead the NFL in scoops thrown against the wall that turn out to be weak vague rumors. Clearer?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 51m
@geopaschall @SportsSturm never reported anything about a MJD trade. Why are you making up stuff about me?

@RapSheet @geopaschall please. You are saying you didn't say the Cowboys are shopping for a RB 4 weeks ago before Det Dal?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 44m
@SportsSturm man, take all the shots you want. That's your right on whatever show you are on. But stick to what, ya know, happened

Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 44m
@RapSheet nice defense, off brand Glazer.

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 35m
@SportsSturm @RapSheet As an expert in Twitter battles, I give this one a D-minus. Needs some more nastiness, fellas.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 30m
@espn_macmahon @SportsSturm I don't get it, Tim. Totally lost with this. Maybe there's a reason I was a loyal GAC listener.

Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 26m
@RapSheet @SportsSturm My role here is to antagonize, not sympathize. Now come out swinging!!!!

Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 23m
I'm done. If you have internet, you can validate my claims on "vague, weak rumors". Otherwise, you know how I feel now and let's move on.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Sturm is doing the Lord's work.

Bless him.

I enjoy a good call out. I'd say some here need to be put in their place, but that's not for me to do...

I do's it anyways...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Was Sturm the Cowboys fan who got beat up by Oakland fans, lol?

VThokie7

Reaction score
Rappaport does seem like a complete joke compared to other insiders. His reports or stories are usually immediately debunked.

Off brand Glazer would mean he actually has to get something right no?

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
As far as media guys go, Bob Sturm is good as they get IMHO, love his football (especially NFL) analysis.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon
@SportsSturm @RapSheet As an expert in Twitter battles, I give this one a D-minus. Needs some more nastiness, fellas.

[URL='https://twitter.com/SportsSturm']Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 51m
I'm done. If you have internet, you can validate my claims on "vague, weak rumors". Otherwise, you know how I feel now and let's move on.
[/URL]
Tim MacMahon ‏@espn_macmahon 48m
@SportsSturm Attempt at graceful exit and use of emoticon ... downgrade to an F

Lol, ohh twitter, what would we do without you?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I like how Sturm lists several things that Rapoport has said that turned out to be just rumors, but Rapoport's defense is only that he did not say anything about a Jones-Drew trade.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Rapport reported Dallas wasn't sold on Murray and could seek a trade for a starting RB at the trade deadline.

He reported MJD was open to re-signing with the Jags but was terribly unhappy and unlikely to be back. .

He may technically be correct that he didnt say Dallas would trade for MJD.
Mike Florio is the one who stated Jags would trade MJD for right price. --easy to confuse one dart throwing entertainment guy with another.

Rappoport certainly stated all the rest definitively.
Bob is a Packers fan not a Cowboys fan. He's knowledgeable about the team but he isn't a Cowboys fan.

I am VERY glad he's challenging these guys who create false stories though.
We need a lot less nonsense and a lot more quality coverage.

khiladi

Reaction score
Twitter has seriously destroyed reporting... People want to be the first to get a scoop so stuff like this happens...

Phoenix

Reaction score
Snicker at McMahon joining in to try to stir up the pot more

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
McMahon ruined it. There's not a better radio personality/blogger in Dallas than Sturm. I like how he racks off and accuses Rappaport of throwing crap on the wall and seeing if it sticks and Rappaport comes back with he didn't make up the MJD story lol.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Sturm is the most objective guy in Dallas who covers the Cowboys. Those other guys seem like they love when the Cowboys are down.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Twitter has seriously destroyed reporting... People want to be the first to get a scoop so stuff like this happens...

If by "destroying reporting" you mean "getting the news out there faster than any conventional media outlet could possibly imagine" then yes, I agree with you. Twitter rules.