Twitter: Bob Sturm vs Ian Rapaport Twitter battle

cowboys2233

Reaction score
That's how I love my news, fast and inaccurate.

Please. Accuracy is the very essence of what Twitter is all about. Because you have so many potential sources of information consolidated in one place, you can easily decipher truth from fiction. If someone posts some erroneous or misleading information, chances are that about one million people are going to refute it in a matter of minutes. If something is true, chances are there are going to be a million people verifying it in a matter of minutes. Strength in numbers. How is that less accurate than simply relying on what a single news outlet (and in many cases, a single columnist or reporter) is saying?

khiladi

Reaction score
If by "destroying reporting" you mean "getting the news out there faster than any conventional media outlet could possibly imagine" then yes, I agree with you. Twitter rules.

If you take into account how much BS is spread before the actual news came out, is it really worth it? You still end up finding out about things just as fast, cause you got to filter all the nonsense.

Think about rumors. While there are people who correct things, there are also people who pass things off as fact, withou investigation. It could easily take longer to correct a rumor than to investigate and then report thoroughly.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Please. Accuracy is the very essence of what Twitter is all about. Because you have so many potential sources of information consolidated in one place, you can easily decipher truth from fiction. If someone posts some erroneous or misleading information, chances are that about one million people are going to refute it in a matter of minutes. If something is true, chances are there are going to be a million people verifying it in a matter of minutes. Strength in numbers. How is that less accurate than simply relying on what a single news outlet (and in many cases, a single columnist or reporter) is saying?

Ah the old "throw a bunch of crap at the wall and see what sticks" argument.

Or these people could be practicing, you know, actual journalism.

Venger

Reaction score
Bob is a Packers fan not a Cowboys fan. He's knowledgeable about the team but he isn't a Cowboys fan.

While certainly a Packers (and Favre to be specific) fan - and I don't begrudge someone continuing their childhood love affair with their team - I think it is fair to say he likes the Cowboys and very much likes Tony Romo. When someone says "not a fan" there is a lingering suggestion of distaste that I don't think connects in this case. I think Sturm is in the right frame of mind for the best kind of analysis - he can call it pretty straight without any good old days syndrome coloring his commentary. But I would still say he likes this team especially with Romo at the helm...

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Ah the old "throw a bunch of crap at the wall and see what sticks" argument.

Or these people could be practicing, you know, actual journalism.

The best media people win twitter.

See Sturm.

It's not 1960 anymore.

As Sturm is fond of saying, he keeps track of insider info data and when they fall below 50% accuracy he just writes them off.

Any media person not using twitter is not doing it right.
Anyone not following the sources they trust for info via twitter is simply not interested in getting data.

Listened to Sturm about this on the radio.
He said Rappoport on NFL Network did state the Boys would be intereste din trading for Jones-Drew and/or McFadden.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Twitter has seriously destroyed reporting... People want to be the first to get a scoop so stuff like this happens...

Isn't that the truth...
I only follow one person on Twitter- Danny DeVito.

That's it.