Bobbie Carpenter on ESPN 1st and 10 wearing hair in a bun

DA FAN

Reaction score
Chief;2476428 said:
Maybe he can be an intern in the PR department.

Or, maybe he can be Jerry's official spokesman/filter.

Correction: Spokeswoman. :D

joseephuss

Reaction score
theebs;2476674 said:
Hard to say he missed on fasano.

I would swap fasano for curtis right now in a heartbeat.

It sure would be nice to have Witten, Bennett and fasano.

Fasano could get lined up right, curtis cant even do that right now.

It is not hard to say he missed on Fasano at all. Fasano did nothing during his two seasons in Dallas. I don't care that he is better than Tony Curtis. Curtis was undrafted from a small school. Even at that Fasano is barely better than Curtis. That is not that great of an achievement. He should be head and shoulders above Curtis.

Not many teams want to use a 2nd round pick for a 3rd string tight end. That would be the case if Fasano was still in Dallas. And if Fasano was still in Dallas, the Cowboys would not have drafted Bennett. It would be Witten, Fasano and Curtis. Yuck. I would take Alfredo Roberts right now instead of Fasano or Curtis. At least that guy could block.

The Dolphins other tight end has more receptions and yards than Fasano right now.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Zimmy Lives;2476729 said:
Seems to me Dallas has not had very good luck drafting guys with girly names.

Peppi Zellner, Shante Carver, Kavika Pittman, Courtney Brown, Bobbie Carpenter....

Marion Barber?

In regards to Bobbie Carpenter, so you guys are all saying we should get more than a 3rd string linebacker slash special teams ace (and by ace, I mean guy who always sprints to the pile after the tackle) with the 15th overall pick? Who knew?

I really wanted Carpenter that year but he has not shown a damn thing since he got here. With the likely departure of Burnett this off-season, I think we are stuck with Bobbie for 1 more year.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I just keep thinking back to the game against Atl where he did a great job as the spy on Vick - and his performance in the Seattle playoff game was pretty solid as well.

I don't know that he sucks so much as he just doesn't fit a 3-4 at all.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2476781 said:
I just keep thinking back to the game against Atl where he did a great job as the spy on Vick - and his performance in the Seattle playoff game was pretty solid as well.

I don't know that he sucks so much as he just doesn't fit a 3-4 at all.

it's okay Abe

his long hair was a tribute to Pat Tillman and Purcells knew his dad

he's obviously an all-world talent for years to come

AbeBeta

Reaction score
xWraithx;2476784 said:
it's okay Abe

his long hair was a tribute to Pat Tillman and Purcells knew his dad

he's obviously an all-world talent for years to come

He never projected to an all-world talent. He did project as one of the safest picks in that draft. That is what makes his performance so puzzling.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
theebs;2476674 said:

Been saying that since day one. Not sure what the reason was but Fasano is a decent player. Better than decent.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
theebs;2476674 said:

but, but, but weren't there reports of Curtis overtaking Fasano?

I figured it was that typical spin bull ****. I hated the Fasano trade because it completely sucked. The only real bright spot is that Bennett looks like he could be a monster. Unfortunately, I also see Bennett as someone that will go to where the money is greatest so he may not stay in Dallas the whole time.

And every time that I see Bobby on TV, my hatred for him grows. When you get more face time doing a once a month show than you do all month in the actual games, you're worthless. I pray that Dallas cuts his *** this offseason. Of course, it would only be too fitting to see him sign in Miami and actually be worthy of a roster spot.