Recap: Bobby Belt on Kelvin Joseph

Haimerej

Reaction score
Again, the purpose of the law of parties is so that someone who is involved indirectly cannot get away with it. Being in a vehicle with someone who shoots someone else does not automatically make you an accessory to the crime.

The fact that Joseph is cooperating, being "truthful and forthcoming" and is not believed to have had a role in the shooting is the reason that the law of parties is not applicable. The purpose of the law is to keep guilty parties from getting away with their roles.

You seem to have it in your head that he is guilty of something, when no one has said he is guilty of anything, no one has charged him with a crime, etc. You have made up your mind against him, while I prefer to presume him innocent until someone in authority says he's guilty of something. We can speculate all we want about roles we dream up that he played or did not play in the murder, but none of that matters.

The simple truth is while two people have been charged in this shooting and confessed, Kelvin Joseph has not been charged with a crime. Our fans need to quit acting like he has.

What about asking why his situation seems to be the only one in Texas where not everyone in the car of a drive-by is charged with a crime? Can we ask that?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I know he didn't report a murder until his face was on TV. There's no need to try and sensationalize what happened. Why must it be he's either completely innocent or Nino Brown?
Im not tellin on my family or ppls regardless of what they did. Point blank period. That doesnt make me a felon im just not a hall monitor

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
One way to keep that from happening would be to charge him with failure to report.
Yeh right he has a good attorney with money behind him. The DA gonna charge him with a misdeamenor??? U guys obviously have never dealt with the real court system not the ones on tv lmao

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
So if one of your family or friend's murdered someone you wouldn't turn them in? Pretty sure that makes you a felon.
I didnt say i would hide them out to hide from the police im just not calling up the police and telling them so and so killed so and so.

Haimerej

Reaction score
Yeh right he has a good attorney with money behind him. The DA gonna charge him with a misdeamenor??? U guys obviously have never dealt with the real court system not the ones on tv lmao

Personally, I think people should push back against a two-tiered justice system. But that's me.

Reactions: G2

HungryLion

Reaction score
At this point, I think NFL discipline is the most likely punishment he'll receive because he doesn't have to even be charged with anything to be guilty of "conduct detrimental to the league." Morally wrong happens a lot, so he isn't the first player with that strike against him. Not saying I condone his choices, just that there's a long line of immoral choices made by NFL players that I don't support. I hope if there are no consequences for this one that he sees it as a wake-up call and not as some kind of aura of invincibility.

I just think it’s perfectly fair for fans to want nothing to do with him and think he is possibly a scumbag considering the circumstances. Of course that’s all opinion but I think those who feel that way, are valid.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think Mickey wears rose-colored glasses when it comes to the team, so his opinions should be take with a grain of salt. For example, him saying we're "pretty deep in talent" at cornerback while listing players like Wright, Bland and Kyron Brown is quite rose-colored.

However, I have not seen him embellish facts. What he reported on Joseph concerning the murder seems more fact than opinion based.

The words “truthful and forthcoming” seem to be a little rose colored to me.

I wouldn’t consider a guy waiting a month to say anything as being “forthcoming”. And I think a lot of people feel the same way.

To me, that would be someone reporting the situation right away and not waiting a month and only saying it once the police are the ones coming to him.

Also, let’s be real. If Joseph wound up getting charged and convicted for something and the Jones’ boys told him to start throwing trash.

he would throw Joseph under the bus so quick peoples heads would spin.

fansince68

Reaction score
Not surprising to hear. I had a feeling something was up since the Cowboys have stayed very quiet about Kelvin Joseph for the past year. What a huge mistake this pick was. Another super costly 2nd round pick gone to waste. Who made this choice???
It shouldn't be that hard to detect immaturity as a scout. We knew who he was when we drafted him with our fingers crossed. You win some you lose some.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Do you know how much of a knucklehead you have to be to get kicked out of LSU? lol ahh Jerry you fool.
Except that didn't happen. He left in the transfer portal because they wanted him to move to safety before his sophomore season after they signed Stingley.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I've cited 2 Texas laws he's unequivocally broken.

The Texas law of parties[1] states that a person can be criminally responsible for the actions of another in certain circumstances, including "f, in the attempt to carry out a conspiracy to commit one felony, another felony is committed by one of the conspirators, all conspirators are guilty of the felony actually committed, though having no intent to commit it, if the offense was committed in furtherance of the unlawful purpose and was one that should have been anticipated as a result of the carrying out of the conspiracy."

From the information that has been presented so far, none of the things here fit Joseph's role, and even if they did, "can be" is key wording here.

gimmesix

Reaction score
One way to keep that from happening would be to charge him with failure to report.

They are not going to charge him with failure to report if he is cooperating and helping them put away the actual murderers, which appears to be what is happening. Not sure why you are bent on him being charged with something when law enforcement doesn't appear to be.

Haimerej

Reaction score
The Texas law of parties[1] states that a person can be criminally responsible for the actions of another in certain circumstances, including "f, in the attempt to carry out a conspiracy to commit one felony, another felony is committed by one of the conspirators, all conspirators are guilty of the felony actually committed, though having no intent to commit it, if the offense was committed in furtherance of the unlawful purpose and was one that should have been anticipated as a result of the carrying out of the conspiracy."

From the information that has been presented so far, none of the things here fit Joseph's role, and even if they did, "can be" is key wording here.

Do you think as they got in the car and drove towards the guys they just fought any one of them said anything at all about using their weapons? Or do you suppose it was spontaneous, i.e. they drove that way and then the shooters surprised everyone. I think that goes to the question of, "carrying out of the conspiracy."

I mean, I have a hard time believing they just walked away from a fight and no one said anything.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I just think it’s perfectly fair for fans to want nothing to do with him and think he is possibly a scumbag considering the circumstances. Of course that’s all opinion but I think those who feel that way, are valid.

I don't agree that it's fair or valid, but it's certainly your right. I try not to be overly judgmental about people I don't know and situations I don't know enough about to have an informed opinion. The situation makes me wary of him ... but that's as far as I'm willing to go at this moment.