Bobby Belt's good and bad

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Jerry's biggest offseason mistake will be his failure to get another starting caliber OT that could compete with Steele with loser being the swing tackle.

Agreed. I would have also drafted another guard as a developmental player. Josh Ball won't cut it when Tyron Smith is out and I don't care for McGovern either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
i think he'll be a good player...just needs to play.
like you said...he was in the right spot.
loved the move he made to make the int.
the hand fighting needs to get cleaned up so it'll stand.
his length is gonna cause problems for people once he gets more battle tests.
he looked better than last year.

I personally hated the pick at the time. Im a little warmer on it, but I would have used some of those 3rd rounds to move back up into the 2nd round or for an extra 2nd rounder.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Agreed. I would have also drafted another guard as a developmental player. Josh Ball won't cut it when Tyron Smith is out and I don't care for McGovern either.

Mcgovern has proven to me largely a bust. As was Williams.

Motorola

Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with that holding. It sort of looked like he tugged the lineman. Maybe questionable, but plays like that are going to get the attention of the the refs especially when the RB is coming through your hole.

I thought Ball was terrible in my quick view. I was already not a fan due to his past. I don't care if he has changed. If he is not a stud, I would rather just move on. The next few games are going to be important for his career.

I thought Bossman fats looks pretty ordinary too. I am surprised he was not on the bad list.
Can we CZers just use the CB's given name instead of his rap moniker...would help to defrienciate and evaluate the player on his football abilities and skills ---JMO

Sydla

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s a stretch to say they see Tyler Smith as the LT of the future. If I’m not mistaken, it was mentioned during the draft that the Joneses like that potential.

Key word being "future". But excusing the front office for not addressing back up OT once they sent Collins packing by suggesting the plan all along was to play Smith as a swing OT if one of the starters at tackle got hurt is a stretch.

Even McCarthy admitted a few weeks ago they probably tried to get him too many OT snaps in OTAs when he should have been settling in at LG.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Mcgovern has proven to me largely a bust. As was Williams.

They should have gotten rid of McGovern when they got rid of Conner Williams. Why prolong the agony and pain? This is the problem with our FO. They hold onto bust picks far to long to not doing a damn lick about it.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Kelvin Joseph definitely bad. But they might be scared to mention anything negative about him since you never know when he might "send the goons"

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Kelvin Joseph definitely bad. But they might be scared to mention anything negative about him since you never know when he might "send the goons"

If Joseph gets suspended for any length of time and essentially misses another season, his career is all but over.