Bobby Carpenter and Manny Lawson Visits

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
dwmyers said:
That would require a major run on linebackers, as the Browns pick 12th. 4 of the top 11 picks would have to be linebackers, because A. J. Hawk, Chad Greenway, and DeMeco Ryans are going before Lawson and/or Carpenter.

Let's see: Leinart, Young, Reggie Bush, Ferguson, Cutler, Vernon Davis, Ngata, Mario Williams, Huff. I've just named 9 possible top 10s off the top of my head and I haven't landed on a LB yet. And -if- a run on LBs happen, someone otherwise considered top 15 will fall.

David.

Thanks...that is re-assuring. I totally forgot about guys like Hawk and Greenway because I don't think they are on our radar. Now I am positive we will get either Carpenter or Lawson in round 1.

:bow:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm really thinking that Greenway slips after the Senior bowl and Combine. Plus, I think that Wimbley or Anderson will be just as good or slightly below (which is still good).

This way, you can focus on getting Jackson or Santonio Holmes. WE have to remember that if Glenn/Crayton or TO goes down, our season is over.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I'm really thinking that Greenway slips after the Senior bowl and Combine. Plus, I think that Wimbley or Anderson will be just as good or slightly below (which is still good).

This way, you can focus on getting Jackson or Santonio Holmes. WE have to remember that if Glenn/Crayton or TO goes down, our season is over.

I disagree, we'll have a running game to fall back on. I can't forsee if we are going to be a running or passing team primarily, but either way we'll have one to fall back on if injuries happen to the other.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That last thing we can do is what we did last year with Tackle. We had no true plan if someone was injured - This year we have Kosier.
When Glenn went down the year before, our season was basically over.
Last year Henry went down, but we didn't skip a beat because we had Glenn.

This year, it's important to cover up incase something happens to our Receiving core. If we were to bring in a guy like Holmes or Jackson, they could step rigiht in at the slot position and the team would not miss a beat.

McClover has the exact size and speed of Merriman coming out last year.
Stanley McClover 6'3 260 - 4.56 (40)
Shawne Merriman 6'4 253 - 4.61 (40)

These guys used to be strictly undersized Defensive Ends, but since the emergence of the 3-4 and the popularity of it, they are now front runners for OLB positions in 3-4 systems.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:

nobody really talks about it, but I wouldnt doubt Holmes being the pick at 18 at all...not only is he good insurance for our top 2 guys, but he could be a tremendous weapon as a #3 guy and is a great return guy

David

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You're right. The guy is an explosive player and those types are hard to come by. You could almost flip a coin on Jackson and Holmes.

doomsday81

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
That last thing we can do is what we did last year with Tackle. We had no true plan if someone was injured - This year we have Kosier.
When Glenn went down the year before, our season was basically over.
Last year Henry went down, but we didn't skip a beat because we had Glenn.

This year, it's important to cover up incase something happens to our Receiving core. If we were to bring in a guy like Holmes or Jackson, they could step rigiht in at the slot position and the team would not miss a beat.

McClover has the exact size and speed of Merriman coming out last year.
Stanley McClover 6'3 260 - 4.56 (40)
Shawne Merriman 6'4 253 - 4.61 (40)

These guys used to be strictly undersized Defensive Ends, but since the emergence of the 3-4 and the popularity of it, they are now front runners for OLB positions in 3-4 systems.

The Dolphins are all over McGlover. They love him. If he's there for them in round two, I think they'll take him for sure.