Bobby Wagner re-signs with the Seahawks

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
1000% wouldve done this than bring back VanderEsch
No way. Bobby Wagner was looking for who would pay him the most $.

Cowboys resigned LVE for 2 years for a total of $8 million.

Bobby Wagner will be turning 33 in June.

LVE barely turned 27 in February. Plus, LVE had his best productive season (2022: 90 combined tackles and 1 sack) since his rookie season (2018: 140 combined tackles and 2 INTs). He has been gradually improving the past 3 seasons since his neck injury/surgery, so signs show he's likely to keep improving. For the price, Cowboys made the right choice.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmm. Is he on the decline? Why only a 1 year deal? Why only $7M? Did the Cowboys get involved at all? Did they make an official offer? Did Wagner ever consider coming to Dallas?

Until we get some answers, we'll never know why this seems kind of wonky.
Wagner has shown no decline. He’s missed 1 game since 2016 and was a top 5 rated LB by PFF last year.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Dumb and dumber strike again. Should have given him the 7 million

Havic

Reaction score
Sucks but go get D-Hop and sign a DT and I'll survive.

btcutter

Reaction score
Dumb and dumber strike again. Should have given him the 7 million
If that was the asking price with the Cowboys back then. We dont know if he was asking for more and multiple years.
Seahawks may have gotten little home town discount or market drying up?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I'm sure because they went younger and cheaper. With somebody they know
I like what LVE did last season. No problem. Just explaining the issue many might have

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Welp, this year, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt - until proven otherwise.
Main reason for hoping he came here would have been to mentor all the LBers in the room - including LVE.
Oh well, guess we are drafting someone relatively high ....

AbeBeta

Reaction score
1000% wouldve done this than bring back VanderEsch

But the deal wouldn't have been 1 year for 7 mill. He'd need far more to go somewhere else. The dude likely still has a home in Seattle and the team was unexpectedly decent last year without Wilson.

Adiba1977

Reaction score
But the deal wouldn't have been 1 year for 7 mill. He'd need far more to go somewhere else. The dude likely still has a home in Seattle and the team was unexpectedly decent last year without Wilson.
Bs. Texas no state tax so saves $$ there. They didn’t offer him cause they are clueless and cheap.