Bobby Wagner re-signs with the Seahawks

Adiba1977

Reaction score
I said it two weeks ago...once LVE was resigned, Dallas wasn't going to sign him and he was just looking for a biggest deal he could get and in the end, the biggest only deal he could get was a one year deal back to Seattle...
But why? We need better lb play!!!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Man…we should have made that happen. $7 mil for that guy? Coulda, shoulda IMO. I like LVE but Wagner is waaaay better and more durable. Oh well….
Soon as LVE gets injured, fans are going to revolt!! lol

Knotamus

Reaction score
This may be hard for some to understand, exp the likes Madden Football and all.. But these players are real people with real life choices to make.

Maybe the Cowboys did offer Wagner more, he just simply declined the offer.

Wagner stated that he didn’t want to go anywhere when Seattle decided to move on. His family is still in Seattle and consequently, so is his home. Wouldn’t surprise me, nor would I blame him, that he turned down a better offer from the Cowboys to be closer to his family. It was prob hard on them last year. So returning to Seattle where he’s considered one of their best players all time, seems like an easy decision.

This quote from Seattle times article last year:
-When Bobby Wagner packs up and leaves Seattle for Los Angeles soon for the beginning of training camp, he says it’s not “goodbye” but “see you later.”

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This may be hard for some to understand, exp the likes Madden Football and all.. But these players are real people with real life choices to make.

Maybe the Cowboys did offer Wagner more, he just simply declined the offer.

Wagner stated that he didn’t want to go anywhere when Seattle decided to move on. His family is still in Seattle and consequently, so is his home. Wouldn’t surprise me, nor would I blame him, that he turned down a better offer from the Cowboys to be closer to his family. It was prob hard on them last year. So returning to Seattle where he’s considered one of their best players all time, seems like an easy decision.
Good post.
But some fans rather call the FO names and whine.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Y’all funny. I would bet cowboys never offered him a contract. Hopefully truth comes out.
Why does it matter? And if something comes out, will you melt down over it too?
And how do we know how true it would be, from some reporter.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still deal worth thousands. Simple math
Oh yes always better with no state taxes. I was just pointing out they still pay state taxes for half of those games.
But if they have endorsements then yeah great incentive.

75boyz

Reaction score
Man,
I believe he could have made a very positive impact at the second level of the dee. Possibly even turning this side of the ball from good to dominant.
CCBoy posted earlier about how impactful his presence could have been and I thought it was spot on.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe strong leaders that aren’t buds with Jerry scare them off. Who knows but sure seemed like a good player and profile to add to this defense and inexpensively too.

infamousstyles

Reaction score
Lol ah yes...the yearly we missed out of Bobby Wagner thread. It's so simple....get some legit help for micah and watch him reek havoc.... but nope.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Plus, They still have to pay state taxes in those states of away games.
Yup. And since he already has a home in Seattle, he'd have to buy or rent a new place in Tx.

The whole "not state income tax" argument is always a joke. States need money. They are gonna get it somehow. Some states figured out how to fool people into thinking they are paying less.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yup. And since he already has a home in Seattle, he'd have to buy or rent a new place in Tx.

The whole "not state income tax" argument is always a joke. States need money. They are gonna get it somehow. Some states figured out how to fool people into thinking they are paying less.
Right.
Property taxes higher in Texas and Florida, are higher. Sales taxes a little higher as well In Texas. i think 1% higher than Florida.