Boise State Fan on Orlando Scandrick

Tnewman94

Reaction score
First off I am beyond excited to get a Bronco on the Cowboys! But I will give you my honest opinion on him after watching him for the past few seasons. First off I live in Boise have season tickets and love the program of Boise State so I know what I am saying as far as the fan perspective. He is a great special teams guy brought some video of maybe his biggest day as a Bronco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggJKQkiuFeU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TDNPhxezjU

Both of those were the same game he did this all the time up through his career he has great burst. And has blocked numerous FG's and punts. He has blazing speed at 4.3 40. Now his downside has been known to be a little inconsistent he is a early declare as he is only a JR in college. Last season his overall play became much better as CB and became a shutdown guy. But his Sophmore and JR year he got burned quite a bit he has iffy technique. But let me say we got a great athlete here who has a ton of upside. Any more questions I would be glad to give you my POV there is my fan perspective from Boise.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Tnewman94;2058298 said:
First off I am beyond excited to get a Bronco on the Cowboys! But I will give you my honest opinion on him after watching him for the past few seasons. First off I live in Boise have season tickets and love the program of Boise State so I know what I am saying as far as the fan perspective. He is a great special teams guy brought some video of maybe his biggest day as a Bronco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggJKQkiuFeU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TDNPhxezjU

Both of those were the same game he did this all the time up through his career he has great burst. And has blocked numerous FG's and punts. He has blazing speed at 4.3 40. Now his downside has been known to be a little inconsistent he is a early declare as he is only a JR in college. Last season his overall play became much better as CB and became a shutdown guy. But his Sophmore and JR year he got burned quite a bit he has iffy technique. But let me say we got a great athlete here who has a ton of upside. Any more questions I would be glad to give you my POV there is my fan perspective from Boise.

I read on NFL.com that he has character concerns, but I don't see it anywhere else (in fact, I see the opposite). Does he have character problems?

YAKUZA

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Seriously? TWO blocked kick returns for TD's in the same game? That just doesn't happen...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I would also like to know about his off field problems according to nfl.com

Tnewman94

Reaction score
He was never suspended nor disciplined for anything, there was always some chatter I guess about him being a little cocky... But that is CB but as far as the coaches ever doing anything or saying anything nope nothing ever happened. And these coaches are not afraid to discipline our best guys they do if anybody does anything slightly against the rules. So I don't know where it came from but he never had any public issues.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Boy do we have a logjam at corner now. How things have changed in a couple of days. Who will stay and who will go?

cleverusername

Reaction score
In his interview, didn't sound very exited to be a cowboy. Sound disappointed he fell. I was exited before I heard him talk.. now, not so much.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
i've never seen him play so I'll have to take your word for it but if he can really help us out a lot on special teams as well as provide that CB depth that is awesome.

sbark

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2058334 said:
Boy do we have a logjam at corner now. How things have changed in a couple of days. Who will stay and who will go?

It will always come down to who can play STeams the best.......when you get down to the bottom 3

KD replacement...hope so

Woods

Reaction score
cleverusername;2058337 said:
In his interview, didn't sound very exited to be a cowboy. Sound disappointed he fell. I was exited before I heard him talk.. now, not so much.

I think he was just disappointed that he lasted until the 5th.

I think he was expecting to be off the board by the 4th latest. He said a lot teams were calling him, including Baltimore, but they traded for a CB from the Raiders.

Tnewman94

Reaction score
Clever don't be to concerend. He is media shy for sure he never liked the local media in Boise and was always very soft spoken when he got infront of a camera. He said he was ready to be taken 2nd-5th round before the draft started. He is just not use to the attention their is not a huge media system in Boise and he never really was big on interviews when they were avaliable.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I think he just wanted to go earlier. Plus, he might not have been the biggest Cowboy fan either. Imagine if you were a Cowboy fan, and the Skins drafted you. :eek:

DR.WARE

Reaction score

where did you hear the interview, i want to hear it

PosterChild

Reaction score
He sounded emotionally spent to me--dude needs a good slumber probably.

Welcome to Dallas, Orlando.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
He thought he had raised his stock and was going to go in the second round.

Jack-Reacher

MTRS-Jon
Reaction score
Tnewman94;2058329 said:
He was never suspended nor disciplined for anything, there was always some chatter I guess about him being a little cocky... But that is CB but as far as the coaches ever doing anything or saying anything nope nothing ever happened. And these coaches are not afraid to discipline our best guys they do if anybody does anything slightly against the rules. So I don't know where it came from but he never had any public issues.

I am also from Boise and watched this kid play, and I can confirm that nothing public ever came out on this kid to my knowledge.

cleverusername

Reaction score
Woods;2058351 said:
I think he was just disappointed that he lasted until the 5th.

I think he was expecting to be off the board by the 4th latest. He said a lot teams were calling him, including Baltimore, but they traded for a CB from the Raiders.

Ya, I can't imagine what a stressfull process the draft can be for a player that falls.

Especially with all these a holes blowing smoke up your butt.

It's always cool to hear guys who are exited, going nuts after they get drafted.

He seemed passive, even disappointed.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score

I read an article where he stated that he expected to get drafted in the early 3rd round. So he was probably disappointed about getting drafted in the 5th.