Bortles extension

RoboQB

Reaction score
It wouldn't be a shock to see them draft a QB as early as the 3rd round.

I'm happy for Bortles though. He played well against New England in the AFC Championship game.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
yep. That is actually a very reasonable contract if you are only looking at QBs.

It's reasonable but i don't think they can win with Bortles, if they really wanted to know for sure they should have just payed him the 19m he would have been guaranteed on his 5th year option this season and if he performed well then sign him to a long term deal after next season and if not just let him go

Pape

Reaction score
It wouldn't be a shock to see them draft a QB as early as the 3rd round.

I'm happy for Bortles though. He played well against New England in the AFC Championship game.
The jags lost that game because of his shortcomings. This is a place holder deal, most likely we will see the jags take a q.b. in the draft. If bottles can grow as a q.v., then they keep him, if not they get a year or two to develop their next starter.

RoboQB

Reaction score
The jags lost that game because of his shortcomings. This is a place holder deal, most likely we will see the jags take a q.b. in the draft. If bottles can grow as a q.v., then they keep him, if not they get a year or two to develop their next starter.

You're entitled to your opinion.
I'll agree that it's a deal that they can handle if he falters again. Which is why I said it wouldn't be a surprise if they drafted a QB as early as the 3rd round.
I disagree on the game. That game is the main, or even only, reason they gave him an extension. If that ball gets over Gilmore's leap and outstretched hand,
Bortles beats Brady in the AFC Championship... in New England. Then the defense couldn't stop NE on 3rd and 9, so he doesn't even get a chance at the very end.

If he had laid an egg in that game, Kirk Cousins would be a Jaguar in 2018.

Aven8

Reaction score
Bortles played lights out in the playoffs. He deserved it.