Boston College vs. Connecticutt

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I'll bet you do!!!!!!!

And Wiley is making me miss Ek. :p
Ek, who is Ek? I don't remember any player named Ek. :eek:

Charles Haley was a force. Every play he had to be accounted for. So far, Kiwanuka reminds me of those days.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The UConn QB looks good, but I think 1st round is a reach.

They beat Duke last week. Don't remember the score or the quarter by quarter stuff.

That doesn't matter anyway.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200409110202

They scored 16 in 4th to win. Thats what they do - hang in games and win.
Watch Dan O in second half - he's all that.

RB runs hard too - Perkins at CB is instantly on my top 325 so far after what I've seen this season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Nors said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/boxscore?gid=200409110202

They scored 16 in 4th to win. Thats what they do - hang in games and win.
Watch Dan O in second half - he's all that.

RB runs hard too - Perkins at CB is instantly on my top 325 so far after what I've seen this season.
I definitely like the RB so far in this game.

No way they come back on BC though Nors. Just not going to happen. You're trying to tell me they can score 16 in the 4th any time they want to and I just don't buy that. Last week does not matter.

BTW, Boston College is not Duke. Just food for thought.

I am enjoying watching the Kiwanuka kid. He has lined up everywhere along the D-line and been in the backfield multiple times.

I hope he declares.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Kiwinuka with the INT.

I am enjoying this game. Provided we get him....

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yes, he has played well - against rinky dink opponent - but that's not HIS fault. The Eagles schedule was made out with more important things in mind than quality competition. Like "recruiting in the south" with a winning record.

And gotta make sure of a Bowl bid this year, because there won't be any coming to BC in the ACC for a generation.

Let's see how long the highest player graduation rate of the Division I-A schools lasts after a few years in the ACC, too.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Yes, he has played well - against rinky dink opponent - but that's not HIS fault. The Eagles schedule was made out with more important things in mind than quality competition. Like "recruiting in the south" with a winning record.

And gotta make sure of a Bowl bid this year, because there won't be any coming to BC in the ACC for a generation.

Let's see how long the highest player graduation rate of the Division I-A schools lasts after a few years in the ACC, too.
LOL

Do I sense venom Ms. Nostra?

:D

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
LOL

Do I sense venom Ms. Nostra?

:D
Ha ha, money talks TH.

As an alum I understand all the "good" reasons for pulling out of the Big East.

Those TV revenues might even take some pressure off the endless, high pressure alumni fund raising drives.

But I doubt it. ;)

And it's not like I feel the value of my degree will be any less if my alma mater plays freaking football in the ACC. Academic standards won't lower any more than they already have and there will be no "football factory" on Chestnut Hill.

Maybe some day, after the ACC "puts us on the map", we can go independent like Notre Dame. LOL

But the old Catholic school rivalries, especially in college hoops, will never be the same.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Uconn makes a BCS bowl game before BC.

When was last BC national championship? I tip my hat to BC tonight.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Ha ha, money talks TH.

Those TV revenues might even take some pressure off the endless, high pressure alumni fund raising drives.

But I doubt it. ;)

And it's not like I feel the value of my degree will be any less if my alma mater plays freaking football in the ACC. Academic standards won't lower any more than they already have and there will be no "football factory" on Chestnut Hill.

Maybe some day, after the ACC "puts us on the map", we can go independent like Notre Dame. LOL

But the old Catholic school rivalries, especially in college hoops, will never be the same.

You are a BC grad? Wow - what was your major? Thats a real neat campus. What was that like? oR commute?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Ha ha, money talks TH.

But I doubt it. ;)

Works for me. :D

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Nors said:
You are a BC grad? Wow - what was your major? Thats a real neat campus. What was that like? oR commute?
I started off in comparative religion, switched to a double major in poly sci and history. In grad school, I stuck, stupidly, with history.

I lived off campus in Allston just off Comm Ave for all but my freshman year. I got out in three years plus summers. Two of my brothers also went to BC.

Yeah, Nors, I'm old enough to have been at BC when Doug was still there, but only his last two years. LOL

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I started off in comparative religion, switched to a double major in poly sci and history. In grad school, I stuck, stupidly, with history.

I lived off campus in Allston just off Comm Ave for all but my freshman year. I got out in three years plus summers. Two of my brothers also went to BC.

Yeah, Nors, I'm old enough to have been at BC when Doug was still there, but only his last two years. LOL

I was a High School senior at the top of the stairs watching the play in disbelief. Off to see a concert with two young ladies :) I golf with Gerrard Phelan occasionally, great guy and businessman now in Boston. He ran hurdles and was a track guy. We ran very similar times.

Was VT in that game? Believe so.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Vinnie didn't play in that game, Nors. In fact, he might have been redshirted in 84.
Bernie Kosar QBed the Hurricanes. I could never stand Kosar. Of course, his path and VT's would meet again, in Cleveland.

It's already twenty years, and even more amazing Doug and Vinnie are still playing ball.

Doug won the Heisman that year, and Vinnie two years later in '86.

Of course you know how much Lil Dougie is worshiped up here. In fact, a few years ago when he was QBing Buffalo, before a Pats game Boston Magazine featured him on the cover for the umpteenth time and ran a poll "Doug or Drew".

Bledsoe was the QB of the local team which had recently been to the SB, and a very good and very admired one at the time, but Doug "won".

There was even some buzz Belichick wanted to bring him in this year to back up Brady. THAT would have been a mistake, and he had to know it.

Even if Tom is arguably the best QB in the game today, and a two time SB winner, there would be a very large coterie of fans calling to start Doug, LMAO.

The irrational, prolonged, and almost spiritual love of Doug Flutie (which I admit I share) is incredible.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Congrats to BC on the win....damn big east backstabbers :p