Both Belt/Broaddus believe Tyron Smith is be the Swing Tackle

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What I don’t understand about Belt & Broaddus thinking is they moved Tyler Smith to guard in the playoffs last year, only to move back once Peters went down with the hip injury.
Their original plan was to move Tyron back to LT and shift Tyler to Guard before Steele got hurt.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
He just seemed confused. Then he said Steele is the future right tackle. I think he did not realize that Steele is working out already.
What Jerry said at the combine he likes his 3 tackles and believes they are covered at the position. Basically saying Tyron can play either side, Tyler can shift to LT if Tyron goes down. Just need a capable guard who can spot start. They just signed a lineman from the Falcons, have Farnoik and will add another in the draft, but not in rd 1.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Their original plan was to move Tyron back to LT and shift Tyler to Guard before Steele got hurt.
I just don’t understand what is the difference this year if that was the plan last year. Tyler Smith proved he can play left tackle in the NFL, I don’t think that will change when he is moved there permanently at the start of the 2024 season.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I just don’t understand what is the difference this year if that was the plan last year. Tyler Smith proved he can play left tackle in the NFL, I don’t think that will change when he is moved there permanently at the start of the 2024 season.
Many believe he should stay at LT and continue to develop there.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
What Jerry said at the combine he likes his 3 tackles and believes they are covered at the position. Basically saying Tyron can play either side, Tyler can shift to LT if Tyron goes down. Just need a capable guard who can spot start. They just signed a lineman from the Falcons, have Farnoik and will add another in the draft, but not in rd 1.
There is actually more guard prospects then people realize. The Cowboys will grab a guard. I wouldn’t mind getting Vorhees. Who knows he could be ready by December.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
There is actually more guard prospects then people realize. The Cowboys will grab a guard. I wouldn’t mind getting Vorhees. Who knows he could be ready by December.
He is a real good draft & stash and probably we could still get him in rd 5. He was considered one of the more ready prospects after the top guys.

reddyuta

Reaction score
it makes sense to me only if Steele is not healthy initially.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Jerry Jones said the Cowboys are not considering moving Terence Steele to left guard. He says Steeles is too valuable as a swing tackle tandem behind starters Tyler Smith and Tyron Smith tackle.

Not good with copying tweets, but this was from Clarence Hill today.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Jerry Jones said the Cowboys are not considering moving Terence Steele to left guard. He says Steeles is too valuable as a swing tackle tandem behind starters Tyler Smith and Tyron Smith tackle.

Not good with copying tweets, but this was from Clarence Hill today.
Jerry being Jerry.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Jerry being Jerry.
This just confirms what we have been saying, they like all three of their tackles. All of them will start, if one goes down, they are covered at the position. Tyron can play either side, Tyler can play LT. In theory, they all are swing tackles. The #4 Tackle is basically always the the #2 backup at the position.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Just listening to the new love at the star podcast, they said no inside knowledge, but feel Tyron Smith is the team's new swing tackle. I don't see it that way, nor have read/heard anything suggesting he is now a backup, but that would create a huge starting need at Left Guard. My opinion, is players don't take pay cuts to sit on the bench, Tyron wouldn't off accepted the deal if he was going to become a backup when he could start elsewhere.
but coach Jerry Jones said, Steele is the swing tackle.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I think they're paying him a minimum of 6M in 2023 plus significant incentives.

That does not seem like a swing tackle pay rate...
That's what I was going to say. He could make $17 million with incentives I think they claimed. They aren't paying anywhere near that to a backup.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
He said tandem, not that Steele is a backup.
I just finished listening to the podcast. Belt is obsessed with left guard while Broaddus predicts the Cowboys will draft either Kincaid, Avila, and or Cam Smith. Belt made a good point in saying the Cowboys hid their love for Tyler so you never know who the Cowboys will pick. Broaddus is so negative with the offensive staff changes. It’s funny because he was both critical of Kellen and Philbon. I think Jerry is be used as a decoy to get people off there scent.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Just listening to the new love at the star podcast, they said no inside knowledge, but feel Tyron Smith is the team's new swing tackle. I don't see it that way, nor have read/heard anything suggesting he is now a backup, but that would create a huge starting need at Left Guard. My opinion, is players don't take pay cuts to sit on the bench, Tyron wouldn't off accepted the deal if he was going to become a backup when he could start elsewhere.
Tyron is not ever going to start somewhere else, he's a 12 year veteran, remember he was only 20 when he started, he's a 34 year old tackle in "dog years". He hasn't played a full season since 2015, 7 years ago. He's had neck surgery and other surgeries (if memory serves).

Fully agree he should be the swing tackle, when he plays, he's still better than probably 85% of the tackles in the league, huge advantage to have someone of his ability come in if the starter gets hurt....

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Tyron is not ever going to start somewhere else, he's a 12 year veteran, remember he was only 20 when he started, he's a 34 year old tackle in "dog years". He hasn't played a full season since 2015, 7 years ago. He's had neck surgery and other surgeries (if memory serves).

Fully agree he should be the swing tackle, when he plays, he's still better than probably 85% of the tackles in the league, huge advantage to have someone of his ability come in if the starter gets hurt....
I think to ride him until he breaks down

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I just finished listening to the podcast. Belt is obsessed with left guard while Broaddus predicts the Cowboys will draft either Kincaid, Avila, and or Cam Smith. Belt made a good point in saying the Cowboys hid their love for Tyler so you never know who the Cowboys will pick. Broaddus is so negative with the offensive staff changes. It’s funny because he was both critical of Kellen and Philbon. I think Jerry is be used as a decoy to get people off there scent.
He hates MM too, since he took over been much harder to figure out who they are taking

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I think to ride him until he breaks down
How many times have we complained about Jerry/the coaches keeping somebody past his prime, and not planning for his replacement?

Tyron can NOT be the starter; he hasn't played a full season for SEVEN years. Continuity on the o-line is a big part of its effectiveness, pick a lineup that you think can stick together for an entire season, and more, don't fill it with guys who you know will miss games....