Bottom line is Jerry has bumbled the Dak negotiations

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Sorry but you can't lay the blame solely at the feet of JJ as he has certainly shown he is willing to overpay players at times with the likes of Zeke, Cooper, Lawrence, and J. Smith (not to mention most of the o-line). The blame also goes toward Dak and his agent as well as JJ made a viable contract offer at the start of 2019 which was reported to be in the $35M/year average but after the first 3 games against sub par teams, Dak and his agent decided to turn that deal down and start playing hardball with demands of more money and less years.

Yes you can. He's owner, president, and GM. He is fully responsible for the success of the team.

kskboys

Reaction score
It's fun watching this board shift to what i've been saying for almost 2 years now about paying Dak. I'm really enjoying it.

I just hope the Jones's see things my way but I doubt they do.

They got smart with Demarco Murray, Demarcus Ware, and even my boy Dez.. Then they just suddenly got stupid again.

Now is the time to get us back on course and avoid this Dak deal.

We operated like a smart football team for a bit then we went straight back to country club when Zeke held out after getting suspended over and over and still paying him Gurley money.
Yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dak is a good QB for around 30 mil/season or less. Dak is a bad QB for 40mil/season. Very simple.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Jerry is responsible for which millionaire players he acquires. Simple stuff, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....and look at the job he has done so far with that....so why continue the downward trend of paying players millions to see no reward for the millions.....it has to end before they do a major mistake in signing Dak.

aria

Reaction score
:huh:

Yeah it's so bad many nfl insiders were picking the Cowboys to be in the super bowl just 6 months ago.
That’s not any different than any other year and it shows how little they know or they’re just doing it for ratings. No one in their right mind could look at our roster on defense and think they are anywhere close to SB worthy, offense possibly.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Funny, I thought the millionaire players were responsible for the success of the team too.

That isn't how it works. The players are labor. Jerry is responsible for putting the right people in place and ultimately winning. He hasn't done it in 30 years, so it is laughable to blame the players.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
IF Dak was signed two years ago to his prefered 4 year deal we'd be in the midst of negotiating an even larger extension.

Probably could have done a 5 year deal at that point and had 3 years left at a much more reasonable rate.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Completely dumb, hes definitely not worth that or to jump from 35 to 41 after an injury year seems odd

Either the agent is a complete awesome person or Dak really only cares about one thing. If the rumors are true.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm no Jerry fan, but this isn't all on Jerry. We have heard a lot of rumors but we don't know what is really going on. It takes two to come to an agreement.

Best info we have is that Dak would have a signed 35 million per year for 4 years last off season. If Jerry didnt take that deal, then he blew it. Plain and simple. That was a legitimate market deal Dak would have signed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Here's the problem with what you laid out. You kept saying if the speculations are true and that's the thing. Nobody other than those who are actually in the negotiations know what the money amount is. Everything in articles or tweets is just speculations and not backed up by any first hand facts. All we know is Jerry and Stephen have said they really hope to get a deal done and Prescott has said the same thing.

Im just getting it out there that Im not good with 41 million per year. Dak at any cost is not my stance.

And regardless, letting Dak walk has never been a legitimate option.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Im just getting it out there that Im not good with 41 million per year. Dak at any cost is not my stance.

And regardless, letting Dak walk has never been a legitimate option.

Then why not wait until there is a verifiable amount quoted by someone that is actually in the negotiations instead of pushing speculated amounts that aren't direct quotes from anyone in the negotiations.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
Jerry is the problem.

That’s been the case ever since he fired Jimmy Johnson.

I still can’t believe the huge contracts Jerry gave Jaylon and Zeke before securing his most important player.

When you make mistakes like that you end up where we are now, with no good options left and more mediocrity.

Yes. Jerry is the problem. His worst mistake was not firing Jimmy as Jimmy would have left anyway. Jimmy never stayed anywhere that long. His worst mistake was hiring Switzer, which essentially damaged the franchise forever. Jerry became the coach/gm during the Switzer era and hasn't relinquished that need for power since.

Jeffkills

Reaction score
Jerry’s played it just fine...

He doesn’t want to overpay for mediocrity...

Sue him...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Then why not wait until there is a verifiable amount quoted by someone that is actually in the negotiations instead of pushing speculated amounts that aren't direct quotes from anyone in the negotiations.

why did you read it?

kskboys

Reaction score
....and look at the job he has done so far with that....so why continue the downward trend of paying players millions to see no reward for the millions.....it has to end before they do a major mistake in signing Dak.
Yes, 25 miserable years of mostly mediocrity.

Agree.

kskboys

Reaction score
Best info we have is that Dak would have a signed 35 million per year for 4 years last off season. If Jerry didnt take that deal, then he blew it. Plain and simple. That was a legitimate market deal Dak would have signed.
And Jerry offered 5 years for 35 mil/season. If Dak didn't take that deal, then Dak blew it. Plain and simple. That was a legitimate market deal that Jerry would have signed.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Because when I say that many users here just repeat what sportswriters speculate, I get told that there really aren't that many but in reality there is.
This is the first time I even speculated about the number 40 million being remotely legit. Based in the current situation, I think it’s remotely credible and worthy of a comment.