Bottom Line

Sydla

Reaction score
Open for business? They didn't make a single deadline trade.

As for offers, I'm not sure why people assume none were made just because a trade didn't happen. We don't know what was or was not discussed, with the Colts or anyone else.

I have little doubt that they approach trades like FA. They are cheap as hell, which means they probably aren't that serious about making a trade for a good player unless he comes bizarrely cheap.

visionary

Reaction score
Iggs are 7-1 and just got better with Ajay
Pokes are 4-3 and just got worse with the loss of Zeke
Does the FO even care? No movement yesterday to improve the defense.
8-8 is a real possibility now
Oh Well, the FO says, the suckers will continue to buy the tickets, the beer, the pizzas and the gear no matter how bad our football team is.
Thank you, Mr. Jones for not caring about winning.

You've been around a while friend so you should know the priorities of the jones family

1,2,3,4,5: MONEY/revenue
6,7,8,8,10: appeasing Jerrys EGO

Much lower: winning

Vanilla2

Reaction score
How long ago were the good ol days when we hoped this team wouldn’t make anymore of those aggressive type moves people are screaming for now?

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
To be fair, we do not know that the FO did not try to make a move. Maybe teams were asking for too much. Maybe the players being offered weren't players we viewed as improvements.

Now, if it comes out the FO did not try to make any moves yesterday and were content with this roster, especially on defense, then I am with you.

Sydla

Reaction score
How long ago were the good ol days when we hoped this team wouldn’t make anymore of those aggressive type moves people are screaming for now?

Yeah.

Except no one is really suggesting that. No one is suggesting they dump 1st and 2nd round picks on guys or drop billions in FA.

This is a canard that keeps getting regurgitated without any real basis in reality. Other than a small handful most are not suggesting the Cowboys need to be aggressive to the point they blow all their high picks and blow all their cap on guys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm critical when I think they screwed up, and they've given me plenty of reason to be critical so far this year. But that's not all they've done, and I think yesterday's inactivity was a good move, not a bad one.

I give them credit for not making some ill-conceived, last-minute, panic style trade like WR Roy Williams. They've made mistakes this offseason for sure, but a trade to fix those would more than likely just be a continuation. From bad to worse.

Keep your ammo, reassess how you're operating, and who has had say in these mistakes, and make the change necessary to use that ammo more effectively rather than compounding your mistakes.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Keep your ammo, reassess how you're operating, and who has had say in these mistakes, and make the change necessary to use that ammo more effectively rather than compounding your mistakes.
Unfortunately, that's not how we roll.

Very little accountability with the chief personnel decision makers. Even when Jerry admits to a shortcoming, it's always something like an injury or the ball didn't bounce our way.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I'm critical when I think they screwed up, and they've given me plenty of reason to be critical so far this year. But that's not all they've done, and I think yesterday's inactivity was a good move, not a bad one.

I give them credit for not making some ill-conceived, last-minute, panic style trade like WR Roy Williams. They've made mistakes this offseason for sure, but a trade to fix those would more than likely just be a continuation. From bad to worse.

I'm actually more annoyed with internal moves they're not making. Woods should be getting more snaps and everyone can see it. To a lesser degree, I think Brown needs to be moved into the slot where he's played better and can get away with more of his grabby style.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unfortunately, that's not how we roll.

Very little accountability with the chief personnel decision makers. Even when Jerry admits to a shortcoming, it's always something like an injury or the ball didn't bounce our way.

If that doesn't change, nothing else will.

I know that Jerry and Stephen are untouchable obviously, but everyone else should be up for evaluation - and replacement.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm actually more annoyed with internal moves they're not making. Woods should be getting more snaps and everyone can see it. To a lesser degree, I think Brown needs to be moved into the slot where he's played better and can get away with more of his grabby style.

Woods and Brice Butler both.

As for Brown, I'd like to know who's telling him to play off like he is. It's not his strong suit, especially playing against a pieced-together offensive line and a quarterback you know is going to be looking for a receiving option very quickly.

I'm getting really tired of a scheme that even a lazy dunce like Rob Ryan can call out.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t understand what some people expected. I really don’t mean that sarcasticly. I think some expected some blockbuster deal that was never going to happen. It is what it is! I don’t know that adding one defensive player all of a sudden makes that big of a difference on defense. Again, if a deal would’ve been made it wasn’t like some superstar player was going to be involved. Zeke’s situation should be considered no more than an injury for six weeks. You don’t go trade draft picks for a player you know will have back and even further it’s not an injury so don’t have to worry about how he performs when he returns. It’s obviously not a good spot to be in right now, but you don’t trade future picks at this point. Just my take! You certainly don’t have to agree with it.

They wanted a guy to replace Zeke and play safety at a high level at the draft deadline and wanted to give up no more than Terrence Williams and a bag of laundry. Duh.

Thanks a lot for ruining another season, Jerry.

Pokes12

Reaction score
They wanted a guy to replace Zeke and play safety at a high level at the draft deadline and wanted to give up no more than Terrence Williams and a bag of laundry. Duh.

Thanks a lot for ruining another season, Jerry.
You are entirely welcome, now can I interest you in a season ticket package? No, how about overpriced food and drink? No, then how about you buy some Cowboys' merchandise so I can cash some royalty checks?
Your pal,
Jerruh

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
For the millionth time.

Please learn how ticket sales work.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
The bottom line is, you go with what you have. No one on the market is going to make a difference, they arent going to get woods more playing time if Dallas refuses to let him get experience. A FA is not going to make any one position more dominant.

Be honest, what were you expecting? I dont want to put words or assume ideas, just what you think would happen, who we sign and what they bring. Real simple.

I personally think you just go with what you have, get experience for the rookies.

Tho i had rather a whole new staff, and it should be looking Rod needs to be replaced at the very least, I think Garrett would have been smarter to target next year because of all the changes.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are entirely welcome, now can I interest you in a season ticket package? No, how about overpriced food and drink? No, then how about you buy some Cowboys' merchandise so I can cash some royalty checks?
Your pal,
Jerruh

Don't like it, don't buy that stuff. Problem solved. Nobody has a gun to your head. Even the games can be found streaming online for free at this point.

And unless I missed it, there weren't any blockbuster defenders traded to other teams, where there? How about 'serviceable defensive vets'? We saw, what, Benjamin, Ajayi, Garoppolo, and Duane Brown. All of them on offense, none of them at positions of particular need for Dallas. Tough to get mad about a missed opportunity on defense when every single team in the league missed the same opportunity.

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing what you're really upset about is the Eagles improving at RB while the Cowboys took a step back through no fault of their own. But even there, Ajayi for a 4th makes sense in PHI where it wouldn't in Dallas. PHI has a starter who's on the wrong side of 30 and a FA next season, they whiffed on their 4th round RB earlier in the draft and have a legitimate opportunity for Ajayi to play in a backup capacity. And having the guy in the middle of his rookie deal gives them coverage for filling that RB role long-term if they want to go that route after the season is over.

I get the entitled *****ing. We're Cowboys fans, it's what we do. I put up with it during the 2 game losing streak, since it made sense. Now we're in the middle of a 2 game win streak, I guess I sort of thought I'd get a small break from it. Because I'm an idiot who should know better.

plasticman

Reaction score
So then, the Cowboys should emulate a team that hasn't won a championship since John Kennedy was president?

Trading away future draft picks destroys that future and doesn't even guarantee that the team will improve.

The worst thing to do is do is for Jerry to do something.....anything.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have you pulled up the All-22 and really studied Browns and Woods on all snaps?

I have and Brown is much better than people claim.

Woods does flash some good things but he has had his own issues including some big missed tackles.