Bought a Citrus tree today and it is Different

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I'm in South East Oklahoma Am thinking about growing it in a large plant pot and bringing it in during the wintertime I'm also building a grow room so I can grow Maryjane for almost free
A friend of mine has a lemon tree in her living room, here in northern Vermont. It produces fruit most every year. I honestly wouldn't have thought that possible, but I usually get a piece of lemon meringue pie every year so now I'm a believer.

If I can help with your MJ growing setup, let me know, I haven't paid for it in 25 years.

Creeper

Reaction score
It sounds kind of like Frankenstein of the flora kingdom. Pretty cool idea. I wish I had one but it would die in my area because citrus tree don't like things like winter and snow.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Also bought a Peach tree and Cherry tree that are already producing fruit from the same place. And they were all under 30 $ each

what city/state are you in? I'd like to do the same but live n Dallas and have had no luck with lemon or banana so far

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
what city/state are you in? I'd like to do the same but live n Dallas and have had no luck with lemon or banana so far
Idabel OK about 3 hr drive from Dallas The trees are in Paris Texas Powderly Tx and Hugo OK

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What island are you going to? I've been looking into that for years but I think it's unlikely that I will ever be able to afford it. I've been to all the islands except Malaki.
The Big Island. I lived on Oahu for 5 years 3 while in the military and 2 after I retired. When I retired I worked for First Hawaiian Bank in their IT department. Even with their employee financing I couldn’t afford to buy a house there so came back to Texas. Now that I’m ready to retire for the 2nd time I’ve saved enough money to retire to the Big Island where home prices are much lower. Since my military tour there I always knew that I would end up there. It’s such a beautiful place with a great climate. The Big Island has so much to offer. It’s a country style living which suits me perfectly. As soon as I sell my house in San Antonio in the next month or so I’m heading that way.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
The Big Island. I lived on Oahu for 5 years 3 while in the military and 2 after I retired. When I retired I worked for First Hawaiian Bank in their IT department. Even with their employee financing I couldn’t afford to buy a house there so came back to Texas. Now that I’m ready to retire for the 2nd time I’ve saved enough money to retire to the Big Island where home prices are much lower. Since my military tour there I always knew that I would end up there. It’s such a beautiful place with a great climate. The Big Island has so much to offer. It’s a country style living which suits me perfectly. As soon as I sell my house in San Antonio in the next month or so I’m heading that way.
Nice man. The Big Island always seemed like the most realistic prospect for me. I really enjoyed each island for different reasons so I hope that works out for you. Such a beautiful part of our country.

I meant to thank you for your service too man.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Nice man. The Big Island always seemed like the most realistic prospect for me. I really enjoyed each island for different reasons so I hope that works out for you. Such a beautiful part of our country.

I meant to thank you for your service too man.
Appreciate that. I hope you make it over to the Big Island and we can share some beers watching the Cowboys games. Be cool.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The tree is supposed to grow Lemons ,Limes And Blood Oranges on the same tree. Anyone tried to grow one of these? Or even seen one of them? Bought at a nursery not online. Im hoping it grows and produces . If it does that would be way cool.
It's all about the grafting. My family owns about 50,000 citrus trees in Mexico and they've talked about this. My dad actually did it on one of his trees in his back yard.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not like lemon trees!

There were several lemon trees in my yard when I was young.

I lost 3 footballs, a soccer ball and a basketball to the thorns on them .. an no, I am not kidding.

My dad told me the fourth football had to stay away from the lemon trees, so the prongs on the fence killed that one instead.
Well, that explains you being a sourpuss!