Bought my first guitar and amp

Big_D

Reaction score
That’s a nice guitar! I just started learning a few months back. Bought an ovation acoustic electric! What I found really helpful so far is pluck a few strings that will work your fingers in position for a chord. I kept trying to just jump from chord to chord and it wasn’t going well. With 6 strings, 4 fingers and plenty of frets. My goal in the early stages is just getting comfortable moving around the neck. I pluck one string then decide which finger, string and fret is next, nice slow pace. Every direction No rhyme or reason. Being able to hit a particular note without accidentally hitting other strings. Then working my hand into chords and eventually some scales. It’s definitely gotten a little more fluent. Getting the brain and both hands working together. Practice has been very addicting. Probably in the 2 hour a day range. Just soaking everything I can in and practicing every day. There’s no shortcut!! lol Good luck! I’ve been watching some YouTube vids and watching the guys on guitar zoom. A lot of good stuff. For me learning songs are on the back burner in the early stages but everyone’s abilities and personal goals are different.