Boycott the SB

GMO415

Reaction score
So, what am I supposed to tailgate too?......3 Stooges marathon?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Have fun with that. I'm sure you'll have a significant impact. :muttley:
Jake, I am like that ant trying to mate with the elephant when a coconut falls from a tree and hits the elephant on the head and she goes 'ummmmppppphhhh". Suffer, baby, suffer.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I wonder how the NFL would react to a full out boycott effort by fans over their allowing the wrong team to participate through their own incompetent officiating? Do fans really care that much?

I really do wonder because the NFL can pull anything and the sheep still keep showing up for the shearing. Oh, we're sorry, we'll do better.

I do not have a horse in the race and was actually rooting for LA more than NO but this is a tainted SB. This is blatantly wrong, it is an injustice.

So, I will not watch this SB. Not only that but am contacting the sponsors of the NFL and SB to let them know I am not a prospect of theirs now or in the future for their support of this injustice.

It is not enough just to say this is wrong, they must feel it or they could care less. OK, I am not Don Quixote but I am doing the only thing I can by not supporting something that is wrong and I will feel better than watching a team that should not be there. A game that should not actually be taking place.

I am sick of the NFL and them not fixing something until it's broken. A team was more blatantly robbed yesterday than in the history of the NFL and while that is not the fault of the team that is representing the NFC, I will not be a witness to their misrepresentation.

It is not enough to just complain when we actually could affect them, if there were enough of us. So, won't you be my neighbor?

Sorry I plan on watching the SB. If I get to the point of boycotting I will give up watching football all together. I watch the game for my own enjoyment and to escape every day BS.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry I plan on watching the SB. If I get to the point of boycotting I will give up watching football all together. I watch the game for my own enjoyment and to escape every day BS.
OK, Doomsday, you get a pass but you must boycott every day BS. Sign me up for that as well.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
If I’m home, I’ll be tempted to watch so I’ll take the Mrs out on a dinner date. Hopefully she won’t have any other plans.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know, this is just a tipping point for me and there have been too many of them over the course of the last ten years. Everything around the game has muddied the game for me and where I used to get a little nuts, cuss, yell and generally act like a fool, now, I just sit there and watch. I can recall games that I was actually exhausted after I was so involved and on the edge of my seat and I do not know if that is just the aging process or it's finally just taken it's toll on my passion.

I know part of this is because I have had to fight through all the ancillary BS to stay a Cowboys fan. I made the decision that if I didn't avoid all things Booger in his attempt to be the face of the franchise, I would no longer be able to be a fan. When we lost to LA, the consolation was at least I don't have to worry about not hearing or seeing him because if the Cowboys were going to the SB, he would attempt to overshadow even that.

The game used to be special to me, the game was pure and all the other things around it like salaries didn't matter but even that's gotten more difficult to avoid, the business end permeates the game. And it's not as if college ball isn't a business but it's not in my face all the time like the NFL.

These owners have tried to remake the game to fit their business model and appease the Golden Geese. At least the college game evolved into what it is through creative coaching; the NFL is fabricated.

Take this latest rule supposed to help make it safer and avoid more CTE, nothing more than lip service as that has not been enforced because to do so would add time to the games and commercials to the broadcast and the end result would be fewer viewers and that's all the NFL is about, the game is secondary.

I have no illusions that I matter to them but I will have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't go along. I spend fewer hours each year watching the NFL and I do wonder when that just runs out, including my favorite team.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You know, I hear this all the time and it’s a sad excuse for getting screwed like that. Not every team can play every play of every game perfectly. All it takes is 1 criminal play to win or lose a game for a team. The ref who let that go should be charged w/ a felony.

That wasn't the only play of the game. Each team had plenty of opportunities to make a play. And while this single play is an issue it is only 1 play with no guarantee of changing the outcome.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This type of reply shows a lack of understanding of this game. Most regular season games come down to 1 possession. These playoff games were OT games.

That wasn't the only play of the game. Each team had plenty of opportunities to make a play. And while this single play is an issue it is only 1 play with no guarantee of changing the outcome.

Even in your response you say it comes down to 1 possession not 1 play.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That 1 play was a BIG play in the worst time....But Brees was terrible..has been terrible since Dallas beat them ...

Big play but there were many opportunities to make a positive impact that were missed.

Praxit

Reaction score
...even though is was a bang, bang type of play. It was deemed 2 fouls. Helmet 2 helmet and PI defender was there before ball. Neither was called. Tough break, indeed. As for boycott? I think Patriots being there again, might do the job on its own merit. Peeps wanted Chargers or KC as AFC promoters.

Can to much winning actually turn against you? Patriots are actually boring team to watch. Why? Bellichick persona carries over to the team. Schizoid in ways. Cold, calm, brash responses leaves people with a must suck playing for you . Winning has no wonder feeling anymore. Like seeing a clown without its balloons. Its a natural incentive to want change.
The best we can expect from the horrible non-call is a jumbo tron rule change. Such obvious errors must be reviewed.
...with all the hyperbole over the blatant non-call. I think they surely will. I vote for a green or blue flag on questionable penalties. Each coach gets one chance per half.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know, this is just a tipping point for me and there have been too many of them over the course of the last ten years. Everything around the game has muddied the game for me and where I used to get a little nuts, cuss, yell and generally act like a fool, now, I just sit there and watch. I can recall games that I was actually exhausted after I was so involved and on the edge of my seat and I do not know if that is just the aging process or it's finally just taken it's toll on my passion.

I know part of this is because I have had to fight through all the ancillary BS to stay a Cowboys fan. I made the decision that if I didn't avoid all things Booger in his attempt to be the face of the franchise, I would no longer be able to be a fan. When we lost to LA, the consolation was at least I don't have to worry about not hearing or seeing him because if the Cowboys were going to the SB, he would attempt to overshadow even that.

The game used to be special to me, the game was pure and all the other things around it like salaries didn't matter but even that's gotten more difficult to avoid, the business end permeates the game. And it's not as if college ball isn't a business but it's not in my face all the time like the NFL.

These owners have tried to remake the game to fit their business model and appease the Golden Geese. At least the college game evolved into what it is through creative coaching; the NFL is fabricated.

Take this latest rule supposed to help make it safer and avoid more CTE, nothing more than lip service as that has not been enforced because to do so would add time to the games and commercials to the broadcast and the end result would be fewer viewers and that's all the NFL is about, the game is secondary.

I have no illusions that I matter to them but I will have the satisfaction of knowing I didn't go along. I spend fewer hours each year watching the NFL and I do wonder when that just runs out, including my favorite team.
I share your views Coach, which is probably scary, LOL! I wish NFL owners would have to at least suffer in some way that would force them back into being an owner closer to Lamar Hunt, Clint Murchison, or Art Rooney. Those guys certainly weren’t perfect, but they respected fans so much more than this current crop of self centered billionaires who would cheat their mothers if it meant an extra dollar in their pocket.

And the integrity of the game? This group of owners? With the addition of Las Vegas and gambling into the good graces of the NFL, I fully expect to see games being thrown for a big betting payday in my lifetime.

The horrendous call in the saints game is one of a multitude of signs the NFL isn’t getting better at officiating their games more effectively. They are just getting paid more to have those games, which is good enough for them.

Sydla

Reaction score
Don't care about boycotting or sending a message to the league. This is as silly as threatening to not watch the NFL because players were kneeling.

I will watch. Could be a really exciting game. Football is entertainment to me. I'll watch as long as I am entertained. If the game is a blow out, I'll stop watching.

Little Jr

Reaction score
1 bad call doesn't make a team not deserving to be in the super bowl. There was still game to be played. Saints still went up by 3 and the rams still had to go get the fg. The rams still had to stop the saints in OT. Lot of reasons the saints lost , the miss call was just one of them and every team deals with them. Although according to cowboy fans, we're the only ones who do. Lol

superonyx

Reaction score

Even in your response you say it comes down to 1 possession not 1 play.
Did you watch the game?
Are you really saying that a PI flag on that play wouldnt have ended the game effectively?
It absolutely would have. The saints could have ran the clock down to almost zero and kicked a FG with no time left.

Come on man.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did you watch the game?
Are you really saying that a PI flag on that play wouldnt have ended the game effectively?
It absolutely would have. The saints could have ran the clock down to almost zero and kicked a FG with no time left.

Come on man.

yes. but that play by itself wouldn't have won the game. In fact he wasn't even guaranteed to make the catch. It's a blown call and very unfortunate but they had plenty of chances to make a play before then. Not sure if you know this or not but they play for 60 minutes it's not a 1 play game.