Boycott the SB

ESisback

Reaction score
What’s your problem with LA? Is it just because they beat us or something else? Just curious.

Can’t speak for G, but I want LA to lose simply because I believe the league wants LA to be the new “$ports Mecca”! I’ll be doing something else, but if I hear the Pats won 3-0, Brady had an ACL, and the ratings bombed, I’ll throw a party!

aria

Reaction score
Yeah. That's really the only reason.
Gotchya, perfectly understandable. For me, we got beat fair and square and I’m willing to accept that. The Brady factor outweighs my dislike for the Rams. I can’t stand Suh and Talib but Brady makes me want to vomit.

I’m not saying Brady and Bellicheat wouldn’t have at least 3 SB’s but I also despise the fact that they are in the easiest division year in, year out. They’ve pretty much had a free pass to the playoffs since day one and we all know anyone can win once there. I really think if they were in almost any other division they would probably have 2-3 rings which is still very impressive but...I just can’t stand Brady and their fans.

aria

Reaction score
Can’t speak for G, but I want LA to lose simply because I believe the league wants LA to be the new “$ports Mecca”! I’ll be doing something else, but if I hear the Pats won 3-0, Brady had an ACL, and the ratings bombed, I’ll throw a party!
I’d like your post but I never want any player to get injured with the exception of a very, very few...mainly Suh because he has purposely tried to inflict injury with cheap shots his entire career.

I get what you mean though.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Gotchya, perfectly understandable. For me, we got beat fair and square and I’m willing to accept that. The Brady factor outweighs my dislike for the Rams. I can’t stand Suh and Talib but Brady makes me want to vomit.

I’m not saying Brady and Bellicheat wouldn’t have at least 3 SB’s but I also despise the fact that they are in the easiest division year in, year out. They’ve pretty much had a free pass to the playoffs since day one and we all know anyone can win once there. I really think if they were in almost any other division they would probably have 2-3 rings which is still very impressive but...I just can’t stand Brady and their fans.
We're not that far apart. I live near Buffalo, so I follow the Bills and 90% of the area are Bills fans, so I have no choice but to feel the Brady hatred.
And we did get beat fair and square. We got punched right in the mouth. I guess it was how ugly it was. And a little dirty, but whatever, we got beat.

One thing I can't stand though is how ridiculously coddled Brady is by the NFL. He doesn't get touched.

Ok, I changed my mind. I want the game to go into quadruple overtime, end in a tie and then the entire stadium swallows up both franchises into a pool of magma.

aria

Reaction score
We're not that far apart. I live near Buffalo, so I follow the Bills and 90% of the area are Bills fans, so I have no choice but to feel the Brady hatred.
And we did get beat fair and square. We got punched right in the mouth. I guess it was how ugly it was. And a little dirty, but whatever, we got beat.

One thing I can't stand though is how ridiculously coddled Brady is by the NFL. He doesn't get touched.

Ok, I changed my mind. I want the game to go into quadruple overtime, end in a tie and then the entire stadium swallows up both franchises into a pool of magma.
Lol, yeah, I don’t even really like to think about it. Now once I think about it, I usually always route for an NFC team over AFC and I know I’ll get crucified for saying this but I wanted the Eagles to win. Not only were they playing the Patriots but they were representing the NFCE. Kinda bittersweet thing going on.

IIRC, Jerrah may have even publicly stated he was pulling for the Eagles. If true, it may be the only thing I’ve ever agreed with him on which makes me cringe and question my own sanity just thinking about it.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
At least they got that viscous roughing the passer on Brady call right. There is no place in the game for that.
Durn tootin':thumbup:

In fact that was absolutely the most overtly attempted efforts I ever recall in witnessing in the undue application of neanderthaloic force,clearly by it's aimed design to maim, cripple or (heaven forbid) disfigure the sanctified protective molecular atmospheric structure that has been crafted by the football gods & placed in 360° footballish fasion upon that of who was chosen,,, yeppers!
Go Team New England TOM BRADY'S,,,:thumbup:

o_O

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score

Ha,you're post has gotten me to pondering
certain aspects pertaining to the apparent fragmentation of unit cohesion that's seemingly rife amongst the PITTSBURGH STEELERS and while the orbit of my ponderings are of very limited interest in&of itself ,they nevertheless continually circle to the obvious reemergence to the FOOTBALLISH dominance level that they once perennially enjoyed,,, er,,,that being of the CLEVELAND BROWNSo_O

*Yeppers!,,, Pittsburgh had initiated an preemptive klaxon call of general quarters alert with the visual sighting of that CLEVELAND threat off their starboard bows horizon,,, er,,,and,well, it turned into a regular Chinese frickin' fire drill with onboard fatalities, immediatelyo_O

nobody

Reaction score
Couple of things.

I never said anyone was less passionate than me, I said it's a passion for me.
I also said I respect those people's decision not to watch.

I understand the gut reaction to all this. It's not the first time and won't be the last, although I think there will be rule changes.

As far as "something sinister" you could never convince me a multi-billion dollar enterprise that owns the American sports machine affecting tens of thousands of people's lives with careers on the line would jeopardize their entire existence with a concerted effort to make sure certain teams win or lose.

If you want to talk about rogue officials, I can swallow that. One of the worst calls in Super Bowl history was the pass interference call on Benny Barnes defending Lynn Swann. I think that back judge had it out for us.

So FOR ME, what am I left with. To wallow in the sketchy assumptions that the integrity of the league is in question to the point of not watching in regards to officials...

...or watch the sport I am so passionate about.

I chose to watch despite. It's as simple as that.

I think that's where you underestimate what some people will do to manipulate things to their advantage. I'm not saying it definitely happens, but I am not discounting it either. Look how far the League went to hide the concussion study. It came out anyway and what did the League do about it? Did it fess up and make amends? No. So yeah, they certainly try to manipulate things for their own ends.

It's a business, and the owners will do what they think is in their best interest over the sanctity of the game. That being said, there are definitely bad calls. There are also calls that are worse than bad, like a helmet to helmet pass interference where there's a screenshot of the ref standing right there staring at it and no flag is thrown. You're right, it might be rogue officials. However, why are these officials never fired?

RD21

Reaction score
Once again there have been many bad calls in the history of the NFL that have cost teams games and Super Bowls. Not sure why all of the sudden there is a huge uproar on this game. It is what it is and the ref made a mistake. Big deal the Saints should never have been in that position and only have themselves to blame. They had every opportunity after that call to win that game and they didn't.
Agree 100%. It's odd with all the bad calls, non calls over time, I've never seen such whining. I could name several game changing calls in games this post season that didn't involve the Saints/Rams game. So. It's been a part of it all for a long time. Certainly don't see this kind of whining when we get hosed, or a call is blown.

Me... I have to laugh. I think it's hilarious. All the folks telling me only losers whine about the refs, or suck it up, when it was the Cowboys, are now crying something fierce cause the Saints got a bad call.... hilarious in my opinion.

I hope the Patriots win, & win big in two weeks. I wanna see all the haters, & cry babies come out.
:lmao2:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What’s your problem with LA? Is it just because they beat us or something else? Just curious.

Have you seen this board? Sean Payton has his own fan base on the Zone.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm telling you
The fix is in for LA and the Rams
Gotta pay for that stadium

The Chargers are playing in that new stadium, too. What better way to pay for it than an all-LA Super Bowl?

Then again, maybe the refs just blew the call? Nah, that couldn't be it. :rolleyes:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Honestly...after Sundays debacle...I might be done w/ the NFL. It's just got too political. The money too big...and the depth teams/league will go to get the outcomes they want...It's not even football anymore. It's conjured up garbage to appease the millennial masses.

It's not even entertainment...really. It's become a platform for adversitors to try and steal your money....by luring you w/ their worthless crap.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Honestly...after Sundays debacle...I might be done w/ the NFL. It's just got too political. The money too big...and the depth teams/league will go to get the outcomes they want...It's not even football anymore. It's conjured up garbage to appease the millennial masses.

It's not even entertainment...really. It's become a platform for adversitors to try and steal your money....by luring you w/ their worthless crap.

For years i have basically just watched cowboy games. I dont think i could ever give that up. Only time i watch other games is when my pops comes to visit. Really the last superbowl i watched was the Cards/Steelers my dad is a cards fan.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I wonder how the NFL would react to a full out boycott effort by fans over their allowing the wrong team to participate through their own incompetent officiating? Do fans really care that much?

I really do wonder because the NFL can pull anything and the sheep still keep showing up for the shearing. Oh, we're sorry, we'll do better.

I do not have a horse in the race and was actually rooting for LA more than NO but this is a tainted SB. This is blatantly wrong, it is an injustice.

So, I will not watch this SB. Not only that but am contacting the sponsors of the NFL and SB to let them know I am not a prospect of theirs now or in the future for their support of this injustice.

It is not enough just to say this is wrong, they must feel it or they could care less. OK, I am not Don Quixote but I am doing the only thing I can by not supporting something that is wrong and I will feel better than watching a team that should not be there. A game that should not actually be taking place.

I am sick of the NFL and them not fixing something until it's broken. A team was more blatantly robbed yesterday than in the history of the NFL and while that is not the fault of the team that is representing the NFC, I will not be a witness to their misrepresentation.

It is not enough to just complain when we actually could affect them, if there were enough of us. So, won't you be my neighbor?

So if the Cowboys make it to the Superbowl next year.....