Boycott the SB

ESisback

Reaction score
I wonder how the NFL would react to a full out boycott effort by fans over their allowing the wrong team to participate through their own incompetent officiating? Do fans really care that much?

I really do wonder because the NFL can pull anything and the sheep still keep showing up for the shearing. Oh, we're sorry, we'll do better.

I do not have a horse in the race and was actually rooting for LA more than NO but this is a tainted SB. This is blatantly wrong, it is an injustice.

So, I will not watch this SB. Not only that but am contacting the sponsors of the NFL and SB to let them know I am not a prospect of theirs now or in the future for their support of this injustice.

It is not enough just to say this is wrong, they must feel it or they could care less. OK, I am not Don Quixote but I am doing the only thing I can by not supporting something that is wrong and I will feel better than watching a team that should not be there. A game that should not actually be taking place.

I am sick of the NFL and them not fixing something until it's broken. A team was more blatantly robbed yesterday than in the history of the NFL and while that is not the fault of the team that is representing the NFC, I will not be a witness to their misrepresentation.

It is not enough to just complain when we actually could affect them, if there were enough of us. So, won't you be my neighbor?

I agree! I’ll be watching movies instead, and I’m telling everyone I know to boycott. That said, I’m making a concerted effort to NOT forget the much bigger problems this country faces. I can’t help wonder if this football nonsense was manufactured—they can get much richer AND distract the masses!

nathanlt

Reaction score
Everyone is making a big stink about the play. The Saints aren't the only team screwed by a bad call in the history of the NFL. Yes, Dez caught it. Now they want to launch lawsuits etc. Get real, this is silly talk. The Saints lost that game on their own letting LA back into it, getting suckered by a fake punt and losing in OT. They had chances to win that game regardless of that call. You never let a game be decided by the Refs, they could have put out the Rams but they didn't.
Your post is completely irresponsible. A minute and 41 seconds, which would have gotten the clock down to 4 seconds and a game winning kick from the red zone ENDS THE GAME.

Don't minimize this bad call. I'm boycotting the Super Bowl as well.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
In the grand scheme of things, does any of this matter? I was pissed about he Dez catch in 14 for about 30 minutes and then was over it. I really couldn't care less that the Rams made it in by beating the Saints on a blown PI call. I really couldn't care less that NE got a bogus roughing the passer call that extended a drive. Officials are human and they make mistakes. Threatening the NFL with a boycott won't do a bit of good because there is no way you can gather enough support to make them feel it. I suggest watching the game for what it is...entertainment. In 100 years, when football is extinct, nobody will care that the Rams beat the Saints on a missed PI call.

conner01

Reaction score
Only because of that lack of a call. The game should have ended in regulation but I would also say that Payton's handling of the end of that game was damned puzzling.
Payton calling a pass was dumb
The officiating was worse
There are two officials right there and neither called a penalty

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
At least they got that viscous roughing the passer on Brady call right. There is no place in the game for that.
:lmao2:
HXwBzDe.jpg

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wonder how the NFL would react to a full out boycott effort by fans over their allowing the wrong team to participate through their own incompetent officiating? Do fans really care that much?

I really do wonder because the NFL can pull anything and the sheep still keep showing up for the shearing. Oh, we're sorry, we'll do better.

I do not have a horse in the race and was actually rooting for LA more than NO but this is a tainted SB. This is blatantly wrong, it is an injustice.

So, I will not watch this SB. Not only that but am contacting the sponsors of the NFL and SB to let them know I am not a prospect of theirs now or in the future for their support of this injustice.

It is not enough just to say this is wrong, they must feel it or they could care less. OK, I am not Don Quixote but I am doing the only thing I can by not supporting something that is wrong and I will feel better than watching a team that should not be there. A game that should not actually be taking place.

I am sick of the NFL and them not fixing something until it's broken. A team was more blatantly robbed yesterday than in the history of the NFL and while that is not the fault of the team that is representing the NFC, I will not be a witness to their misrepresentation.

It is not enough to just complain when we actually could affect them, if there were enough of us. So, won't you be my neighbor?
Wah Wah Wah!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I won't be watching it either, and I think a lot of people will be skipping it, either because of a boycott or because they're sick of the Patriots.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Everyone is making a big stink about the play. The Saints aren't the only team screwed by a bad call in the history of the NFL. Yes, Dez caught it. Now they want to launch lawsuits etc. Get real, this is silly talk. The Saints lost that game on their own letting LA back into it, getting suckered by a fake punt and losing in OT. They had chances to win that game regardless of that call. You never let a game be decided by the Refs, they could have put out the Rams but they didn't.
Steelers fans beg to differ. :muttley:

RodeoJake

Reaction score

I'm not calling it a boycott, but I ain't gonna be watching it. I have absolutely no interest. I do agree with you, though. The NFL does need to fix the officiating problem. While I like the let them play approach, the non call that cost the Saints was one of the worst pieces of officiating I've seen.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
There were at least two DPIs against the Rams that didn't get called the announcers including Mike Pereira all agreed. Not to mention a lot of other momentum changing stuff.
And neither one of them would have stopped them from advancing as it did the Saints.