Boycotting NFL games

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So whats your goal? You get a bunch of people to not watch the NFL for a few weeks, and then what? The NFL does away with the Zeke suspension? They fire Goodell? What comes from not watching 1 or 2 games?

if there is enough, then there is enough dent. then there is enough backlash, perhaps they will reconsider the punishment after the appeal (which I think they will anyway, because they caring about domestic violence is just a publicity stunt). Regardless, they may not. they did for hardy, from 10-5. they did for brown, from 6-1. Will they for zeke?

and its my dollar. my entertainment dollar. its my time. they are marketing for that. and if there is enough people, voicing their opinion and displeasure, then the NFL will reconsider. Up to this point, they have assumed that the "core" fans, will watch and follow regardless. and they have catered to the fringe fans, to expand the pie and increase revenue (including changing game rules to provide more scoring).

but at some point, core fans, which are a large group, can have impact....

what they understand is "$s". impact the $s, even perception of impacting the $s and they will respond.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Go ahead and boycott with the very small number of other people, that will accomplish nothing. I will be watching the NFL while enjoying some BBQ and cold beer!
good for you. I encourage you to do so. each fan is different. each fan does differently. what I think will impact them is if advertisers feel that they are going to be indirectly impacted, then they will perhaps push NFL.

one individual may not have a lot of power. but a larger group does.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I agree. its business and what's best for business. its public perception. its the fans perception.

and the business exists not because of players. or owners. because there is a market. there is market because of the fans. there is buyers because of the fans. So the fans can influence the business. so the business has to take into account the fans, their opinions and their reactions.

they can make what ever decision. so can the fans.

Do us a favor and visit other boards, besides Cowboy Boards. Then tell what fans think about this on the other 31 team boards. Those fans aren't going anywhere and in fact, the majority of them are happy this happened. The business is taking into account fans, just not Cowboy Fans who don't like this decision.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Do us a favor and visit other boards, besides Cowboy Boards. Then tell what fans think about this on the other 31 team boards. Those fans aren't going anywhere and in fact, the majority of them are happy this happened. The business is taking into account fans, just not Cowboy Fans who don't like this decision.

Nice. Send him on a research and study assignment. Perfect.
Tell him to take his time getting back to us... lol
Maybe he gets hit by the cannon in Tampa... falls into a river in Pittsburgh...
mauled by a bengal tiger in Cincinnati... left for dead on the streets of Philly.