Boys will be Boys book excerpt...

FCBarca

Reaction score
Anyone hear about this new book from Pearlman (Man who 'outed' Rocker and did a book on Bonds as well)?

Some talk has already begun regarding a chapter known as 'The last naked Warrior' starring none other than one Charles Haley.

Without going into too much detail, it is sure to get a lot of questions...But the gist of it involves Haley nude in team meetings and doing things typically men do by themselves while talking about other player's wives...And like the HOF he was, he played until the final whistle if you catch my drift.

Apparently, it started even back in his Niner days as former players said he had the Milton Berle 'problem'

Anyone catch any of this?

Crazy

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have been interested in reading this book and have heard several things specific to the book and Haley. Suffice to say that there is material covered in this book that will not be suitable for discussion or posting on this site. As a MOD, it's going to be difficult to manage this because while it does concern the Cowboys and former Cowboy players, it's simply to graphic a subject matter for our decidedly family oriented forum.

This book is going to create a great deal of interest but I'm going to ask our members to please be sensitive to the fact that we are definitely FAMILY ORIENTED. This is going to probably drive a great deal of our decisions on how best to manage this issue. Please do not take it personal if a MOD makes the decision to delete posts or threads if they feel the subject matter, specific to this book, is not suitable. This is going to be tricky so please understand that some of what is contained in the book will probably not be available for discussion on this board. There really are some parts that are a bit graphic.

Hope all can understand and work with us on this.

Thank you,

ABQ

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Google....

Haley +Pearlman.

Its one of the first links....

Wow. I guess he really loved loving himself.

JPM

Reaction score
Vintage;2177775 said:
Wow. I guess he really loved loving himself.
And didn't care who knew it or saw it.

gambit187

Reaction score
YO I GOOGLED IT HILARIOUS..........u learn something new everyday.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Wow.

You don't see that in the workplace very often.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I didn't know there was a book out there but I do remember reading things about stuff like this being the major reason the Niners wanted to get rid of him. Things like this and then things like pissing in the office of one of the front office people and such.

FCBarca

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2177770 said:
I have been interested in reading this book and have heard several things specific to the book and Haley. Suffice to say that there is material covered in this book that will not be suitable for discussion or posting on this site. As a MOD, it's going to be difficult to manage this because while it does concern the Cowboys and former Cowboy players, it's simply to graphic a subject matter for our decidedly family oriented forum.

This book is going to create a great deal of interest but I'm going to ask our members to please be sensitive to the fact that we are definitely FAMILY ORIENTED. This is going to probably drive a great deal of our decisions on how best to manage this issue. Please do not take it personal if a MOD makes the decision to delete posts or threads if they feel the subject matter, specific to this book, is not suitable. This is going to be tricky so please understand that some of what is contained in the book will probably not be available for discussion on this board. There really are some parts that are a bit graphic.

Hope all can understand and work with us on this.

Thank you,

ABQ

Yeah, concur...Didn't know what would be and wouldn't be appropriate to post about it but curious if anyone else had come across it.

I wouldn't deem myself conservative by any stretch but I totally respect keeping it G rated.

FCBarca

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2177833 said:
I didn't know there was a book out there but I do remember reading things about stuff like this being the major reason the Niners wanted to get rid of him. Things like this and then things like pissing in the office of one of the front office people and such.

Bay Area radio this AM was recounting stories of Haley actually urinating on coaching staff's cars, right in front of them...Among other stories...He's not missed by many in these parts.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
FCBarca;2177837 said:
Bay Area radio this AM was recounting stories of Haley actually urinating on coaching staff's cars, right in front of them...Among other stories...He's not missed by many in these parts.

Barca, if you are on the Coast, maybe you can help me out with a question that just popped in my head. If Haley has done all those things in SF that were said about him, why did they resign him after he left the Cowboys?

FCBarca

Reaction score
Joe Rod;2177875 said:
Barca, if you are on the Coast, maybe you can help me out with a question that just popped in my head. If Haley has done all those things in SF that were said about him, why did they resign him after he left the Cowboys?

Good question, no idea...Probably for retirement purposes etc. as he had great years here...It probably didn't hurt that Niner ownership had changed at that point, as well as coaching, and that he 'seemed' a more workable player as a Cowboy.

They also mentioned this AM that despite being out of shape and wearing #95, Haley came off the bench to put a lot of pressure on Farve in that famous playoff game at Candlestick where T.O. caught (Ok, it hit the ground) that winning TD...This despite not playing at all that season.

He had some tirades that were memorable as a Niner...Perhaps he chilled out, except for the naked stuff :D

cowboys2233

Reaction score
trickblue;2177961 said:
Or as the fans say in Philly at the Linc... Game Day...

What the heck is the Milton Berle problem? I hear his name brought up from time to time but I have no idea why.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2178038 said:
What the heck is the Milton Berle problem? I hear his name brought up from time to time but I have no idea why.

Ever heard of John Holmes? They shared the same "affliction."

cowboys2233

Reaction score
bbgun;2178040 said:
Ever heard of John Holmes? They shared the same "affliction."

Yeah, I Googled it. Now I know. We should all be so cursed. :laugh2: