Bozo the Clown or Officer Friendly

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Garrett didn’t say no on Roy Williams. That was supposed to bail out his offense.
there were rumors at the time that the coaching staff didn't endorse Williams. that was a Jerry move thinking that it would put the offense over the top. just like he did with Galloway...Jerry playing madden football

khiladi

Reaction score
there were rumors at the time that the coaching staff didn't endorse Williams. that was a Jerry move thinking that it would put the offense over the top. just like he did with Galloway...Jerry playing madden football

Staff doesn’t equate to Garrett.

Wade probably didn’t endorse it, because Wade never believed in using even a number 1 on a WR. I’m pretty sure Garrett did, because he was in CONTROL of the offense. Wade even said before 2010 he wasn’t guaranteed a starting job, but had to backtrack.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...oy-williams-will-have-to-compete-for-his-job/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ks-away-from-his-comments-about-roy-williams/

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Staff doesn’t equate to Garrett.

Wade probably didn’t endorse it, because Wade never believed in using even a number 1 on a WR. I’m pretty sure Garrett did, because he was in CONTROL of the offense. Wade even said before 2010 he wasn’t guaranteed a starting job, but had to backtrack.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...oy-williams-will-have-to-compete-for-his-job/

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ks-away-from-his-comments-about-roy-williams/
that's the core of Jerry problem. you just outlined it.....lets say even if Garrett wanted him (which I don't think they did), but Jerry bypassing his head coach going to offensive coordinator and then making a trade. that's totally screwed up. he has continued to do that in the past 25 years. he did it during garrett as well...like the hardy signing which turned into a disaster......

cern

Reaction score
it probably depends, because position coaches have contracts. Even legit coaches have to retain certain staff until contracts play out.
contracts can be bought out. though that's not a great way to conduct business.

ksadler1

Reaction score
In all the years of this teams failures there has been ONE common factor. I think every person in the football world knows that factor. You don't even have to be a fan of Dallas to know it...

DandyTom64

Reaction score
It does not matter to me. The only important thing is to rid the organization of one Red Clapping machine.

i will not miss:

clapping at the wrong time
Using the head set as a precursor to spitting but never to actively coach
the process
The right kinda guy, you know like Greg Hardy and David Irving
Crap time management of games
Seemingly not involved in any decision
Arrogance. Defined as never adapting and trying the same things over and over with the same bad results.
Terrible cliched press conferences
His red hair
His patting players *****.
Pretending he is still a QB
Hearing about how smart he was cause he went to Princeton. I know a lot of dumb people who went there. Apparently he is one of them.
watching him attend sporting events instead of preparing.
It does not matter to me. The only important thing is to rid the organization of one Red Clapping machine.

i will not miss:

the process
Arrogance. Defined as never adapting and trying the same things over and over with the same bad results.
His red hair
Hearing about how smart he was cause he went to Princeton. I know a lot of dumb people who went there. Apparently he is one of them.
Garrett is feeling good now since he found out Princeton is going to let men go to college there. Yep co-ed here they come.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

i will not miss:

the process
His red hair

Man, Officer Friendly? You showed your age with that comment.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You take the youngest starting team in the league. To the second round of the playoffs. And then you don't go further. You deserve the ridicule

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I suggest tempering expectations for the new head coach. Jerry will hire a replacement for Garrett and the first thing to look for is if that coach has the authority to fire and hire his assistants. If the rest of the coaching staff stay and Jerry installs a new puppet head coach, then nothing will change. Maybe you won't have to endure clapping on the sidelines but the atmosphere of the team will not change. It will be a good sign if the next coach starts announcing new hires at offensive and defensive coordinator positions.

We should expect that the next head coach will do a better job managing the clock and asking for replays but unless Jerry gives him control of the players, we will see the same mistakes, the same lack of urgency and the same softness we see today because I do believe that comes from Jerry and the Jones family.

We have said it so many times its not worth saying again, but I will anyway. The Cowboys need Jerry to step back from the team management and operations and let his own newly hired GM and coaches run the team. Let the GM hire the head coach and then let the head coach hire his assistants. But we know this is not going to happen.
And the reason is.... he wants to NEVER have another underling coach take credit for HIS football team....arrogance will be his downfall in the end.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
in all fairness, Hardy was a Jerry signing. its not his first time neither. remember TO...he shoved TO down't parcel's throat. remember Roy Williams Trade, despite the coaching staff saying no....that's jerry playing Madden football trying to act like a GM
Oh stop it with the nitpicking. We have enough forum cops. :p

And yes, older Cowboys fans remember. Being this is a family forum, younger ones have no knowledge of the TO Jerry drama etc.... nor do they care.

JustChip

Reaction score
Icing your own kicker is by far the dumbest narrative I've seen.

His ST coach is literally screaming for a time out since they have the wrong personnel.

Also, statistically, callung a time out has no effect on kicker performance.
Hush now - you’re assailing the emotional simpletons’ narrative.

Fire407

Reaction score
I suggest tempering expectations for the new head coach. Jerry will hire a replacement for Garrett and the first thing to look for is if that coach has the authority to fire and hire his assistants. If the rest of the coaching staff stay and Jerry installs a new puppet head coach, then nothing will change. Maybe you won't have to endure clapping on the sidelines but the atmosphere of the team will not change. It will be a good sign if the next coach starts announcing new hires at offensive and defensive coordinator positions.

We should expect that the next head coach will do a better job managing the clock and asking for replays but unless Jerry gives him control of the players, we will see the same mistakes, the same lack of urgency and the same softness we see today because I do believe that comes from Jerry and the Jones family.

We have said it so many times its not worth saying again, but I will anyway. The Cowboys need Jerry to step back from the team management and operations and let his own newly hired GM and coaches run the team. Let the GM hire the head coach and then let the head coach hire his assistants. But we know this is not going to happen.
I hope you're right about the authority that the new coach should have. However, I am in favor of ditching Garrett no matter what happens after. A new coach won't be treated like a son and he will definitely be on a shorter leash. I hated being stuck with Garrett when we should have moved on a few years ago. I really don't think he should have ever been given the job in the first place.

Fire407

Reaction score
Hush now - you’re assailing the emotional simpletons’ narrative.
Put me right there with the other "simpletons." He ICED his own kicker. No matter what the reasoning was, the first kick went through and the players were set, contrary to what the other narrative is. It's the very definition of icing a kicker when you call timeout immediately before a kick. I don't understand the denial by some here on this forum.

JustChip

Reaction score
Put me right there with the other "simpletons." He ICED his own kicker. No matter what the reasoning was, the first kick went through and the players were set, contrary to what the other narrative is. It's the very definition of icing a kicker when you call timeout immediately before a kick. I don't understand the denial by some here on this forum.
And what would the narrative be if he missed the first & made the 2nd? You call time out if, whatever the reason be, it appears the kicker and team is not in the best position to be successful. The “icing” contingent is simply basing their position on the result. That’s akin to Will Rogers’ investing philosophy- buy a stock that’s gonna go up; if it don’t go up, don’t buy it.

GMO415

Reaction score
Dmr-HsMUYAEByys.jpg