News: BR: Cowboys Explain Dak Prescott's Absence from Hype Video Amid Contract Rumors

Cmac

Reaction score
31 seconds or so......tells you all you need to know. Don't taste the "secret sauce".

Maverick84

Reaction score
I think we're all just eagerly awaiting the **official statement** from Tad

this is taking far too long

come on Tad, shower us with your wisdom!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Probably one of those slick ways the FO trying to 'send a message' but it ends up backfiring. There's ZERO percent probability that you don't know your 'hype video' doesn't contain your qb, who is the face of the franchise. It's disrespectful things like this that are going to make the negotiation process more difficult. The guys in the locker room love Dak, so if they end up feeling the FO did him wrong, that could cause a huge locker problem and even make it harder to bring free agents here when they see how the qb of the team gets treated.
Just curious how you know the guys in the locker room love Dak.

Bizwah

Reaction score
All this social media stuff aside, it seems the Cowboys are reluctant to sign Dak for some reason.

I wonder if something in the negotiations ticked them off. It makes no sense for this to keep going. Nothing about the Cowboys actions seem logical.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Risen is an Eagle fan.
Doubt this.. seriously?
If you make a claim like this about a well known poster I would at least expect some proof of this to substantiate such a claim, not just an accusation.

Maverick84

Reaction score
Doubt this.. seriously?
If you make a claim like this about a well known poster I would at least expect some proof of the is to substantiate such a claim, not just an accusation.
you're witnessing conversation between two posters who still don't understand Risen's schtick/sarcasm

csirl

Reaction score
I log into CZ today and this is the only Dak thread in the firsy 15 or so threads. Coming after a couple of weeks where Dak threads dominated CZ - with multiple active at any time.

Sign of a coordinated social media campaign?

All of a sudden Dak starts following WFT, and in tandem the Dak threads start disappearing. I suspect a decision has been made but not announced.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I log into CZ today and this is the only Dak thread in the firsy 15 or so threads. Coming after a couple of weeks where Dak threads dominated CZ - with multiple active at any time.

Sign of a coordinated social media campaign?

All of a sudden Dak starts following WFT, and in tandem the Dak threads start disappearing. I suspect a decision has been made but not announced.
Interesting.

You thinking that the Cowboys have decided to trade or move on?

I do think that all the "Hype" video stuff was what Eagleton was calling it. A "Dumb, Honest" mistake. But the last three years have shown that the Cowboys aren't in a big hurry to get things done for some reason.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is mostly way overblown. 30 second clip that showed 20 seconds on 2020 football but not Dak cause he wasn't available at the time of the shoot. Now if they had shown Andy slingin the ball cause he was the QB at the time then we'd have a topic worth discussing.

starman22

Reaction score
When do the next season's hype videos normally come out? Right after the Super Bowl?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This is mostly way overblown. 30 second clip that showed 20 seconds on 2020 football but not Dak cause he wasn't available at the time of the shoot. Now if they had shown Andy slingin the ball cause he was the QB at the time then we'd have a topic worth discussing.
You're wrong. Every frame of that video was cherry-picked and intentionally placed there for precisely the reason it is a short glimpse of the Cowboys to pay attention to in the coming year. Andy was just as intentionally left out of that video because he won't be part of the Cowboy's future. Snubbing Dak was no accident. You can think it's overblown if you want to but that just reveals your own obliviousness to what's really going on here.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Isn't Eagleton the same guy who shut down the official Dallas Cowboys website blogs? o_O

The shutting down of that site was mandated by the NFL.. Derek had nothing to say about it. The NFL wanted all the official team sites under its control for whatever reason. Make of it what you will, but I believe that's the truth of it.