News: BR: Cowboys' Jerry Jones on Bill Belichick: 'No Doubt in My Mind We Could Work Together'

Kwyn

Reaction score
I know there are still people hoping against hope that somehow Jerry still fires McCarthy but there is no chance that happens.

Firing a HC and, by extension, the rest of the coaching staff after all the other coaching positions are filled would be a terrible thing to do. I don’t think there’s any franchise, ours included, that would jettison all these guys to their couches for the year.

A few weeks ago, I would have loved to hear this tidbit and would have been happy to have BB in here, but now it’s just more of Jerry talking and unable to resist any random question he’s asked.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
giphy.gif

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When Pigs fly sure..............The only way a coach like BB ever works in Dallas is if the team is sold to new owner!!!!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
First calling out Mike for "failing" three years in a row, now talking about hiring Belichick.

Jerry knows how to keep the blame and the focus on his coaches and off himself.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is how Jerry rolls. He thinks he is a master manipulator and motivator. He wants to turn up the pressure on MM so he thinks the way to do that is by saying stuff like this in the media.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another golden opportunity for a reporter wasted.

Reporter: What do you like about Bill Belichick as a head coach in general?
Jerry Jones: I know him personally and I like him. There's no doubt in my mind we could work together. None. None.
Reporter: Do you believe Belichick would be a better compliment to Mike McCarthy as his general manager?

Modern day journalism sucks.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The whole nobody will coach here because of Jerry has never been true. It's just frustrated fan talk. I get it but I just don't agree. They can't reference a single coach over the years turning Jerry down.

He'd get Belichick the same way he got Parcells. It's just whether Jerry wants to do it. That's the hurdle.

And that's no compliment to Jerry at all. It's a compliment to Tex, Tom and Gil and what they built here. The unexplainable mystique that still surrounds this franchise after nearly three decades of losing. It's still considered the summit for any football coach.

Bill Belichick will be the head coach here in 2025 if Jerry Jones wants him to be. I guarantee it.

Last edited:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BTW, it's pretty disrespectful to your current head coach to even make these comments.

But hey, respecting the authority of your head coach has always made Jerry "uncomfortable".

khiladi

Reaction score
He’s not paying Mike another year for free. If BB is available next year, I don’t think he won’t consider getting him, considering his age.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Another golden opportunity for a reporter wasted.

Reporter: What do you like about Bill Belichick as a head coach in general?
Jerry Jones: I know him personally and I like him. There's no doubt in my mind we could work together. None. None.
Reporter: Do you believe Belichick would be a better compliment to Mike McCarthy as his general manager?

Modern day journalism sucks.
there's no doubt in my mind always comes lol lol