News: BR: Cowboys' Jerry Jones on Bill Belichick: 'No Doubt in My Mind We Could Work Together'

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m thinking there is a load of doubt in the mind of Bill Belichick that he could work with Jerry. Being friends with someone does not mean you would work well together.

Since 1994, Jerry only likes to work with HCs that are cool with him doing whatever he wants. The #1 thing JJ looks for in a HC is not coaching ability but his own personal comfort. I don‘t think most great NFL coaches think that same way.

HotDog37

Reaction score
I’m thinking there is a load of doubt in the mind of Bill Belichick that he could work with Jerry. Being friends with someone does not mean you would work well together.

Since 1994, Jerry only likes to work with HCs that are cool with him doing whatever he wants. The #1 thing JJ looks for in a HC is not coaching ability but his own personal comfort. I don‘t think most great NFL coaches think that same way
All-in right? what about both men capitulating just enough to allow each other to do a common good for the franchise?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't believe Belichick has the aptitude to sit in front of a camera and criticize players and coaches for their lousy play or bad play calling. I think Belichick is going to take the year off, recharge his batteries and get ready to be announced as the next Dallas Cowboy HC at the end of next season.
If he joins us it's only for a last massive Paycheck as BB and JJ are like oil and water.
Jerry buying Hope again that's all folks...............

640983589-bb661a02f39b73d36f76896a714686c67803c08597d8c0ce726e5f33c3c21065-d_750x421.875

Xeven

Reaction score
If MM loses n first round next year, last year of contract, I think if BB is still available the Cowboys will hire him for following year.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Jerry is in his “I don’t give a F” mode and he’s putting people on notice. I respect it.
Shots fired at Dak and MM this off-season.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
* face palm *
McCarthy is his coach. Jones has basically proclaimed to the world that McCarthy is a lame duck destined to being fired after next season. Think about it. How motivated would you be in your job if you knew for certain that you were a lame duck? Jones has just stepped on his head coach's toes for the ten billionth time.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
* face palm *
McCarthy is his coach. Jones has basically proclaimed to the world that McCarthy is a lame duck destined to being fired after next season. Think about it. How motivated would you be in your job if you knew for certain that you were a lame duck? Jones has just stepped on his head coach's toes for the ten billionth time.
hum you probably are correct. I didn't see that until you brought it up. good point. mike can either swim or drown, it's all in his court. I bet he just floats through another year though.