News: BR: Execs Say Ezekiel Elliott Must Be Top Priority for Dallas over Prescott, Cooper

blueblood70

Reaction score
The way Gurley broke down last season would give me a little pause, not confidence.
they arent the same player TG came into the league as a injury prone back.again ZEKE DID NOT and so far he is not that guy..Gurleys Arthritic broken down knees should have given the Rams pause, not us..we didnt pay him..

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I ultimately see all 3 resigned. No way Jerry lets any of them get away. Dak and Cooper are up after 2019 and Elliott still has a year left. Don't see the rush there.
I think Prescott gets extended soon, and I would simply from a market point of view. If they're all in on him as the franchise sign him now, cooper next year and see where Elliott is at.

mmohican29

Reaction score

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I honestly think that if you re-sign Zeke now. He will still be productive until the end of his contract. A 5 year deal now, makes Zeke 28 on the last year of his contract.

Dak meanwhile will probbaly be the QB another 10+ years. But that will be over the life of at least 2 more contracts. IMO.
Totally agree. Zeke has some fantastic years left. My point is that he’s not going to last as long as Dak. Not even close.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Frank Gore comes to mind as the closest comparison. He is/was not as talented as Zeke but has a similar running style.....I think.
He’s had many injuries in his career and like you said, he’s not anywhere close to Zeke’s talent.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
"But the odds are....."

And this is where you are stuck in a truism that is not 100% true. These thoughts by professional coaches are seldom laid out with the thinking behind them.

Is it true that RB's get beat up? Sure. But then ask yourself why does a guy like Deion in his heyday run so much faster than everyone else? And it comes down to something you can't actually quantify, but it innate in that player.

Tom Brady has two distinct abilities which make him the best. One is quickness of recognition. The second is accuracy. There is a third but I don't attribute this to an ability as much as an understanding, which is he takes what is offered. He doesn't risk much at all. But these things set him apart.

Surely other QB's have had these abilities. But Brady is the best - I hate saying that, by the way.

Zeke is not only a gifted and innate runner. But he is also a big man. I just see something in him that I don't see in other RB's. That could be because he is a Cowboy. Which means I watch him run more than others. But he has this bounce off tacklers ability and to hop back up. Somewhat like Emmitt.

This is opinion. But I do believe holding onto a "fact" of football is sometimes a mistake. And in this case - especially if the Dallas line returns to Zeke's rookie season and that is possible because of depth - we could see Zeke own this league again.

I'll cite something I have come accustomed to tossing out.

No running back ever won the season rushing title and then went on and won the Super Bowl. Ever. Until Emmitt did it three times. The sports press lived on that theory as he took the rushing title.

Emmitt said, "Here, hold my beer."
Again, my only point is Zeke gets hit too much. You mentioned Deion and Brady. Deion avoided contact at all costs. He’s said so. Brady is a QB and is protected by the rules and an offensive line that was drafted, recruited and developed with 1 thing in mind, protect Brady. Zeke gets the ball 25 - 30 times a day and gets hammered. I’ve been watching football since 63 when I was 6 and I’ve never seen a RB take the hits Zeke gets and last more than 5-7 years. He’s in his 4th year.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
FO is in a tough spot. If I had to rank I’d go Zeke Cooper and Dak
Considering what the team is doing, it looks like ur out of touch with the teams thoughts. Elliot is a head case. Hes too involved with being famous. On the field hes great. Off the field hes a guy you dont want on ur team becauze you just never know

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What 4 or 5 a game or 2 or 3 a year? Give me a break dude.
Take a break from posting nonsense. RBs by their very nature avoid contact when possible. Being physical when you know it's coming and dropping a shoulder or stiff arming is another story. You said he looks for contact. Specific and simple. And wrong.
Dude.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Take a break from posting nonsense. RBs by their very nature avoid contact when possible. Being physical when you know it's coming and dropping a shoulder or stiff arming is another story. You said he looks for contact. Specific and simple. And wrong.
Dude.
:facepalm: Unbelievable you would say this about Zeke.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Again, my only point is Zeke gets hit too much. You mentioned Deion and Brady. Deion avoided contact at all costs. He’s said so. Brady is a QB and is protected by the rules and an offensive line that was drafted, recruited and developed with 1 thing in mind, protect Brady. Zeke gets the ball 25 - 30 times a day and gets hammered. I’ve been watching football since 63 when I was 6 and I’ve never seen a RB take the hits Zeke gets and last more than 5-7 years. He’s in his 4th year.

Since we are giving out our resumes. I went to the first Cowboy game against the Steelers. I suppose you didn't watch much of Franco Harris. Which was not on the Steelers during the open day game of the 1960 season.

And if you read the entire comment I made, you will see I did mention as he gets a bit older he wil avoid crashes.

I just see him as a different type of player.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Since we are giving out our resumes. I went to the first Cowboy game against the Steelers. I suppose you didn't watch much of Franco Harris. Which was not on the Steelers during the open day game of the 1960 season.

And if you read the entire comment I made, you will see I did mention as he gets a bit older he wil avoid crashes.

I just see him as a different type of player.
Harris was good. A Hall of Famer. But he was no where Zeke’s quality at least in the 1st 3 years. Zeke carries per game avg is much higher than Harris’s. Get it?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The author of this article is a well respected NFL writer, not some blogger.

But LOL at just assuming he's fabricating something because you don't like what his article had to say.
Twice in the same thread you defend some writer who either never played football or likely sucked playing it, thus why he's a writer. Hilarious.

cern

Reaction score
Dude.
There is only one person here for whom that is not obvious. Common sense just isn't his forte.

Reactions: G2