News: BR: Ezekiel Elliott Reportedly Has 'Very Good Chance' of Playing Week 1 Amid Appeal

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are in fantasyland. You think it is flawed? Okay, then say that when you respond to it. Don't try to act all smart by answering a different question.

Sorry, I don't need to "act smart". I don't post here for validation.

I stated my case from the start, and I was saying that the hypothetical was flawed while stating that case.

I think there are backroom deals going on with this case? I do not. I never implied that I did. You are officially making things up. And on top of that, you are speaking as if your opinion on the matter is a fact and that you are in the know.

You're still trying to argue against strawmen.

It seems like you thnk you've got me all figured out when, in fact, you don't even know what you're arguing about.

Argument for argument's sake. Not taking a position of your own, but apparently only arguing against someone else's.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't need to "act smart". I don't post here for validation.

I stated my case from the start, and I was saying that the hypothetical was flawed while stating that case.

Well, that's simply not true. The record speaks for itself.

It seems like you thnk you've got me all figured out when, in fact, you don't even know what you're arguing about.

Argument for argument's sake. Not taking a position of your own, but apparently only arguing against someone else's.

I wasn't arguing AGAINST your position, only showing that you didn't answer the question as it was presented.

For the record, I don't believe they would offer a reduction, but IF THEY DID, then (assuming Zeke is innocent), I think he should fight it. I think there are procedural grounds that he can attack in court.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I have a feeling NFL may try to cut the suspension to 4 or 2 games to try to appease Zeke and avoid a court battle.

At worst, by pushing it to court, Zeke can shine some sunlight on the NFL's investigation/notes/interviews/etc.

That seems to be something the league does not want

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Simple -- just get into a fight with someone, then blame it on Aaron. That's what Ms. Thompson did. Evidently it works! ;)
And you can talk about setting him up free on the internet because the NFL doesn't care. All it takes is an accusation no matter how unreliable the person is.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a feeling NFL may try to cut the suspension to 4 or 2 games to try to appease Zeke and avoid a court battle.

At worst, by pushing it to court, Zeke can shine some sunlight on the NFL's investigation/notes/interviews/etc.

That seems to be something the league does not want

While I agree that the NFL doesn't want their shoddy process to be put under the miscroscope, I think that they have to know that nothing short of a full removal of the suspension will keep this thing from going to court.

lopey

Reaction score
I have a question. Can the ruling be reduced with the caveat that Zeke cannot take the case to court, thus allowing the league to keep its six game suspension if Zeke loses in court?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I have a question. Can the ruling be reduced with the caveat that Zeke cannot take the case to court, thus allowing the league to keep its six game suspension if Zeke loses in court?
I've been wondering the same thing. For instance, if the appeal resulted in a reduction to 4 games and Zeke takes it to court and loses, would he then be suspended for 4 games or does it revert to 6????