BR: Former Cowboys DE Aldon Smith Arrested on Felony Charge of DUI Causing Injury

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A lot of us are having issues with family, jobs, finances etc. A lot of us are not getting into a car drunk and driving it because of it. I'm tired of hearing the excuse. At least this guy has a ton of money to get the proper help unlike a lot of us.

I'm not dishing your statement though and Im sure your not excusing him either. I hope he can get help also. I'm also sure all these hits to the head helmet or not, play around with the mental well being. Just watch a few episodes of DR G and you'll see the damage caused to the brain from much lesser hits than he has taken.

I'm not saying it's to do with football either. I'm just saying that I think, in his case, his rehabilitation should be geared more towards his mental health, which is why I suggested the places I did that I think can give him the mental health he needs as opposed to just throwing him in prison and throwing away the key. That doesn't solve the problem with him I think. Getting to the root cause of why he did it can help solve the problem better.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I say, in honor of Festivus, let us empty our prisons for the holidays!
Father Christmas won't mind the extra gifts to be passed out for those naughty or nice!
Father%2BChristmas.jpg

I'm not saying clear all prisons or anything like that. I think people like pedos, murderers, etc. Should be locked up there for a long time. However, in the case of addicts like Aldon who seems to have severe mental issues, prison doesn't solve the problem for him I don't think. I think rehabilitation for him would be more geared to his mental health. It's lazy to just throw every offence into prison and hope the system can rehabilitate them. There's a reason the US sees more people return to prison than most countries and has one of the highest prison populations in the world. There's a reason the US has overcrowded prisons. If the goal of prison is to rehabilitate an offender, then the logical move is to center the rehabilitation of an offender around why they committed the action in the first place. If it's due to a mental health issue, then, logically, the rehabilitation should be centered around that and helping the offender's mental health so that the root cause of his offence can be solved.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
What if he has no mental health issues and is just an idiot?

If he is an idiot, then he ought to be punished like a regular criminal. But, if it's a mental health issue, an addiction issue, or both, then he should be rehabilitated accordingly.

Aven8

Reaction score
Well at least he was able to hold it together here

tunahelper

Reaction score
Hope he gets the help he needs. If he didn't have his demons he could argurbly been one of the greats at his position

Hopefully he gets jail time then gets his help. No excuse for hurting others when you fail to control your issues. I agree help is waranted, but atonement for actions comes first.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Hopefully he gets jail time then gets his help. No excuse for hurting others when you fail to control your issues. I agree help is waranted, but atonement for actions comes first.

I think there might be a way to accomplish both at the same time actually.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Oh so the devil created guns, alcohol and money. Every country has a budget. Meaning every country refuses to print out enough money to take care of it's own people. Guess the devil made them do that too.

Mankind is stupid and they needed somebody to blame it on.

@GimmeTheBall!
Yeah I've been around since the dawn of time spreading stupidity. Why you think you make all those crazy threads? It's me making you do that. I own you.
:laugh:
If you are the devil, chap, what about the fam? Are they like co-Devils or associate demons?
Hollah!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I'm not saying clear all prisons or anything like that. I think people like pedos, murderers, etc. Should be locked up there for a long time. However, in the case of addicts like Aldon who seems to have severe mental issues, prison doesn't solve the problem for him I don't think. I think rehabilitation for him would be more geared to his mental health. It's lazy to just throw every offence into prison and hope the system can rehabilitate them. There's a reason the US sees more people return to prison than most countries and has one of the highest prison populations in the world. There's a reason the US has overcrowded prisons. If the goal of prison is to rehabilitate an offender, then the logical move is to center the rehabilitation of an offender around why they committed the action in the first place. If it's due to a mental health issue, then, logically, the rehabilitation should be centered around that and helping the offender's mental health so that the root cause of his offence can be solved.

When Aldon beats the rap (again) will you take him in? Will your neighbors raise a ruckus?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
When Aldon beats the rap (again) will you take him in? Will your neighbors raise a ruckus?

1268093451.virmir_facepaw_1280.png

Evidently, you can't debate logically. I presented a perfectly logical thought. If you have a logical counterpoint, let me know. I'm talking about a mental health institution being where he needs to go.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Guy needs help in a big way. I know a lot of you will rip him but I suspect he has some deep seated mental health issues he still hasn't come to grips with. Not a bleeding heart just the way I see it with this guy. Hope he gets his crap together once and for all.

Of course he does. Anyone who forgoes millions of dollars has mental issues wether they admit it or not. He was supposedly getting help, wonder what happened to his support team.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
1268093451.virmir_facepaw_1280.png

where he needs to go.

But not in your burrow?
C'mon, have the courage of your convictions and take Aldon in or any other mental health case in your area, matey, because your logic is for treatment before prison. I say do both simultaneously but keep these cases at arms length until the crises passes long term.
Would you, will you take in a mental health case when jail is the alternative?
Be brave, be truthful.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
But not in your burrow?
C'mon, have the courage of your convictions and take Aldon in or any other mental health case in your area, matey, because your logic is for treatment before prison. I say do both simultaneously but keep these cases at arms length until the crises passes long term.
Be brave, be truthful.

I do not possess the equipment or knowledge to do psychological work. Though, I do think a psychologist would be a good person to put onto Aldon.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
But not in your burrow?
Be brave, be truthful.
Sir. Leave our bruh alone.
He's fam.