News: BR: Jets' Nathaniel Hackett: Micah Parson's Speed Was Underestimated by Team

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Hackett trying to get fired? Is he falling on the proverbial sword because Rodgers got hurt and realizes he has no chance for success?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
thats a coaching issue

thats like my team underestimating Peyton Mannings accuracy
I think it's one of those things where you know he's fast, so you plan for that and he's even faster than you realized. Don't think he's saying that they didn't prepare for Parsons, just that they couldn't prepare for Parsons. You think you're ready until you realize that you're not.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Micah is simply on another level. Freakish athletic traits paired with a fantastic work ethic and incredible football IQ.

He knows how to devastate and exploit his opponents weaknesses. Power, speed, bend, hands techniques… he has all the tools.

And he’s only getting started.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
That's on Hackett........no way in hell you put together a game plan against Parsons w/o planning for his speed.

Proof

Reaction score
I think it's one of those things where you know he's fast, so you plan for that and he's even faster than you realized. Don't think he's saying that they didn't prepare for Parsons, just that they couldn't prepare for Parsons. You think you're ready until you realize that you're not.
right. he still wows and surprises me every week and i’ve watched e wet snap of his career

CWR

Reaction score

Absolutely, because pass rushers aren't supposed to move like Parsons. He is out there defying common logic and tradition. They think they have prepared but then in live fire realize he's better than even the tape suggests.

Praxit

Reaction score
..the fact he's big fella, with that speed. Then throw in football smarts. Problem indeed.

Big_D

Reaction score
lol looks like Sean Payton wasn’t too far off on the coaching in Denver.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Absolutely, because pass rushers aren't supposed to move like Parsons. He is out there defying common logic and tradition. They think they have prepared but then in live fire realize he's better than even the tape suggests.
I can't remember which quarterback it was, but I remember when Dallas was getting ready to face him the coaches talking about how you can't simulate what he could do in practice. I think it is the same for a player like Parsons. I mean, even if you stick a running back over there to try to simulate his speed, he can't simulate his power.

gimmesix

Reaction score
right. he still wows and surprises me every week and i’ve watched e wet snap of his career
I like how this year he's actually starting to toy with offensive linemen. He's especially been messing with centers before the snap.