News: BR: NFL Exec: 'Hard to Pay' Dak Prescott Big Contract After Cowboys' Loss to Purdy, 49ers

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I mean its tough to argue against that. Even if you have confidence in Dak it seems like the Cowboys are trending towards the full picture just not working out. Keep Dak and you probably have to reshuffle the offense once again and probably the head coach.

With that said I think you still need to have a viable replacement, which could be Lance, but that's an unknown. You also have nearly 3/4 of the season left. This team could still get better, and you have to let it play out at least a few more weeks before the discussion is really had.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Jerry loves handing out bad contracts. Nothing would surprise me.
Years ago I emailed Jerry asking to get a free million dollars since he has so much of it to burn, and just loves to give it to guys who don't ever justify it.

My newest email was to ask for 9 plays as QB in next year's pre season since we don't value it at all, and have already set the precedent of giving pre season QB snaps to guys who we already publicly admit are not going to be part of the future.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Cut the cord, needed to start looking two years ago.
100%

Were on year 8 and more than 100 games (plus postseason games).

We know who Dak is.

There is no next level for him. This is who he is.

Dak is squarely somewhere between Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr tier QB, which is actually a bad place for a franchise. They are just good enough that you invest resources, time, and effort into building the franchise around them. The Raiders only just realized Carr wasn’t the guy that was going to lead them to the promise land.

HungryLion

Reaction score
100%

Were on year 8 and more than 100 games (plus postseason games).

We know who Dak is.

There is no next level for him. This is who he is.

Dak is squarely somewhere between Kirk Cousins and Derek Carr tier QB, which is actually a bad place for a franchise. They are just good enough that you invest resources, time, and effort into building the franchise around them. The Raiders only just realized Carr wasn’t the guy that was going to lead them to the promise land.

It’s like an NBA team that is constantly a 7-8 seed.

Not good enough to win a championship.

But plays well enough that it takes them out of the draft lottery and reduces their ability to get additional high end talent.