News: BR: Stephen Jones on Cowboys Fans' Frustrations: You Don't Win Super Bowl in Offseason

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Joneses are tired of spending big money on players and not see it pay dividends. They’ve cut some salaries and aren’t investing much in free agency. They are going to take their chances with the team they have and bank on the draft to improve.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen Jones said:
"I think it's a full body of work that you put together over time.
The Dallas Cowboys' Director of Player Personnel and General Manager resumes have grown so utterly stagnant that neither would prompt job opening referrals from Indeed.com.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We would be hard pressed to find a single NFL executive who talks this flippantly or this frequently on the radio or TV airwaves about anything.

When an NFL executive literally has a lifetime guaranteed contract regardless of results, this is what you get- arrogant, foolish pronouncements like “secret sauce” or what it takes to win a SB. This team hasn't even won a divisional playoff game since the 90s. I would be embarrassed making those kind of public comments with that kind of track record.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Stephen’s comment is in response to everyone trashing our offseason. He’s basically admitting we’ve had a bad offseason but he’s trying to minimize it by saying you don’t win a Super Bowl during the offseason. You don’t win a Super Bowl by having a bad offseason.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I always thought people normally got better at their jobs the longer they did them. Well Stephen, you have proven that wrong sir

SmugPlainBudgie-max-1mb.gif