Brace for a hard season

Reaction score
If Zeke indeed gone for 6 games, losing Hitchens and perhaps Green for a while, our rookie CBs missing most of training camp, our secondary looking very shaky, and OL likely taking a bit of step back with no Leary or Free, and a tougher schedule, this is going to be a very hard season. I hope I'm wrong, but everyone predicting playoffs or a deep run may be in for a disappointment...

Reaction score
Yeah we will see. Its always week to week with how the narrative changes around here.

For me, the narrative has been the same. We did not do enough in free agency to fix the pass rush or secondary, and rookie DBs are going to take some time. Playoffs were always going to be a struggle.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Been a fan of this team since 1975. I know what my eyes tell me: we have not done enough to improve the defense, the OL is in flux, and the suspensions are killers. Sorry to be real. You are free to disagree.

It just needs to improve from a year ago.

We have downside early on but as the season goes I think we'll see big improvements.

Reaction score
LOL I'm glad they moved your garbage threads to the "drama zone". Tells you all you need to know. Enjoy.

I will never understand posts like this. If you want to post only Pollyanna positive crap, that's your right. No need to call it garbage just because you disagree with it. But I guess it comes with the territory with positing a reality that some people don't want to hear.

scottsp

Reaction score
Pretty much confirmed.

Point being, I wouldn't be authoring an obit heading into the half of PSG#3. As for the loss of Hitchens, no one wants to lose players but last I checked, injuries are the nature of the beast. And it's not as if we're about to IR three of our top playmakers. A little perspective, if you will.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I will never understand posts like this. If you want to post only Pollyanna positive crap, that's your right. No need to call it garbage just because you disagree with it. But I guess it comes with the territory with positing a reality that some people don't want to hear.

Bro...im sorry but you just turned around and did the same thing. Posting your Eeyore the world is ending garbage. When hasn't a season been hard on Cowboy fans? Oh, wasn't it you who posted, roughly a year ago, stating that we were to get ready for a lost year after Romo went down? SMH. Next man up. See Dak if your doubting their backups.

Reaction score
Point being, I wouldn't be authoring an obit heading into the half of PSG#3. As for the loss of Hitchens, no one wants to lose players but last I checked, injuries are the nature of the beast. And it's not as if we're about to IR three of our top playmakers. A little perspective, if you will.

It really is not this game as much as our awful offseason, but I take your point.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Zeke indeed gone for 6 games, losing Hitchens and perhaps Green for a while, our rookie CBs missing most of training camp, our secondary looking very shaky, and OL likely taking a bit of step back with no Leary or Free, and a tougher schedule, this is going to be a very hard season. I hope I'm wrong, but everyone predicting playoffs or a deep run may be in for a disappointment...
Zeke will return, Green will be back, the OL overall has improved, rookies gain experience, we know the "tougher schedule" argument is BS. This team will be there in January. Then we will see what happens. Until then take a deep breath because there is no reason to push the panic button.

Reaction score
Bro...im sorry but you just turned around and did the same thing. Posting your Eeyore the world is ending garbage. When hasn't a season been hard on Cowboy fans? Oh, wasn't it you who posted, roughly a year ago, stating that we were to get ready for a lost year after Romo went down? SMH. Next man up. See Dak if your doubting their backups.

I dont call people's post garbage. I just respectfully disagree with them... Yes, I thought when Romo went down it was going to be lost. But who honestly didn't? 99% of this site was saying the same thing. So that doesnt make me Eeyore... I've been consistent since in saying this has been a bad offseason and that I think we are in store for a regression. Again, I hope I'm wrong. But tonight did not help things.