Brace for a hard season

haleyrules

Reaction score
The Cowboys have an outstanding offense. It seems the division rivals have also improved. It will be a tough season with no guarantees. The Defense combined with suspensions will make it very tough starting the season. Too many questions at this point. The club really needs Elliott.

aria

Reaction score
If Zeke indeed gone for 6 games, losing Hitchens and perhaps Green for a while, our rookie CBs missing most of training camp, our secondary looking very shaky, and OL likely taking a bit of step back with no Leary or Free, and a tougher schedule, this is going to be a very hard season. I hope I'm wrong, but everyone predicting playoffs or a deep run may be in for a disappointment...
Losing Zeke for the first 6 games won't be the difference of us making the playoffs or not. Secondary will be shaky but it was last year as well. Like last year, control the clock and score more points then the other team. Other teams in the NFCE have plenty of their own problems as well, we're situated better than they are. I fully expect to make the playoffs.

Reaction score
Losing Zeke for the first 6 games won't be the difference of us making the playoffs or not. Secondary will be shaky but it was last year as well. Like last year, control the clock and score more points then the other team. Other teams in the NFCE have plenty of their own problems as well, we're situated better than they are. I fully expect to make the playoffs.

I honestly think it all comes down to whether Zeke takes this to court (I don't like postponing the inevitable, but I haven't been falsely accused of a crime, so I understand) and plays all year. I don't see us being as successful in controlling the clock or scoring lots of points without Zeke. He is a true difference maker that changes 3 yard runs into 6 yard runs, and causes teams to have to stack the box.

aria

Reaction score
I honestly think it all comes down to whether Zeke takes this to court (I don't like postponing the inevitable, but I haven't been falsely accused of a crime, so I understand) and plays all year. I don't see us being as successful in controlling the clock or scoring lots of points without Zeke. He is a true difference maker that changes 3 yard runs into 6 yard runs, and causes teams to have to stack the box.
I agree somewhat. I've said this plenty of times already but if he his going to be suspended I'd rather have it be for the first 6 games when the schedule is the easiest. Out of those 6, I see 4 teams we should beat relatively easily with or without him. The two where his presence could make a difference between winning and losing is GB and NY.

The thing with GB and NY is we lost to them with Zeke last year and I think we can still beat them but the coaching staff needs to change the strategy whether he's there or not.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Been a fan of this team since 1975. I know what my eyes tell me: we have not done enough to improve the defense, the OL is in flux, and the suspensions are killers. Sorry to be real. You are free to disagree.
What did your eyes tell you last year?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
If Zeke indeed gone for 6 games, losing Hitchens and perhaps Green for a while, our rookie CBs missing most of training camp, our secondary looking very shaky, and OL likely taking a bit of step back with no Leary or Free, and a tougher schedule, this is going to be a very hard season. I hope I'm wrong, but everyone predicting playoffs or a deep run may be in for a disappointment...

Sigh ......

Last year at this time

Every offseason priority... Failed
http://cowboyszone.com/threads/every-offseason-priority-failed.353030/

What was the plan this offseason?
http://cowboyszone.com/threads/what-was-the-plan-this-offseason.352429/

This was a Jerry, not McClay, draft
http://cowboyszone.com/threads/this-was-a-jerry-not-mcclay-draft.348636/

ShiningStar

Reaction score
this is a better year to turn things around. Will there be struggles yes, why Dallas has came up with a plan, stuck to the plan and has to give the plan time to grow. Does it matter what our record ends with this season? no as long as that defense gets experience and is cultivated correctly, give it a year.

If we do great, wonderful,

if we dont and the defense implodes, the only option is to scrap the defensive coaches.

Its very simple and a simple season.

Hardline

Reaction score
article-2096250-118C8D51000005DC-534_634x422.jpg

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

LOL. The national media speaks.

Reaction score
Our schedule is brutal, tougher than gints. Assuming Zeke will be available, I still think it'll be a nail-biter of a season