Brad Johnson? That you?

Discussion in 'Overtime Zone' started by Bleu Star, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Bye Felicia! Zone Supporter

33,401 Messages
    18,810 Likes Received
    Romo's noodle arm reminds me so much of the days when we tried to squeeze a few more ounces out of Brad Johnson during his twilight. Thankfully, Romo's best buddy is no longer calling plays. If you haven't noticed, Scott Linehan is straight up no nonsense. He doesn't get in Romo's face ala Chucky persay.. but he sits Romo down and points out deficiences/issues/areas of opportunity. This is a GREAT development for the team. DeMarco is now able to become well adjusted without worrying about the next audible into a pass play. This may bode very well down the stretch as that thick offensive line continues to embrace their increased roles. I quite honestly think the formula we have in place (run more than we pass and keep the defense fresh/out of tough situations) can carry us to no less than 9 wins. I firmly believe in what Linehan has brought to this offense and the focus Marinelli has brought to the defense. Limiting Garrett's role to a strategic overseer is indeed the recipe for success and it warms my heart to FINALLY see it happening.

If Romo can just drive the bus and knock down a few PA passes mixed in with some screens and short/intermediate routes, we may possibly find ourselves in the NFC East title hunt. I'm so excited about that!

Apologies to anyone offended by my noodle arm Brad Johnson reference. That's who I thought of on Sunday so I thought it would be good to share..lol.. I hope Romo continues to improve but we are asking a lot from someone that has dealt with the surgery equivalence of Aikman in the same year Aikman called it quits. GO COWBOYS! :star::starspin::star:

Cowboy06 likes this.
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

57,921 Messages
    58,495 Likes Received
    At least Romo has an excuse.

Jason Garrett actively recruited Johnson to come to Dallas and it was clear his arm was shot well before he became a Cowboy.

ROUSH8692, cml750 and Chocolate Lab like this.
  3. Corso

Corso Offseason mode... sleepy time

20,057 Messages
    34,051 Likes Received
    Noodle arm? Maybe. I'm no expert, but I saw him rifling some shots into his receivers in both the first half and second.
    I don't think he's gone noodle-armed yet.

Otherwise- I like Linehan also.
    Garrett seems to fully trust him and is now focusing on the overall Game instead of the play to play and what should be called.

4. Bleu Star

33,401 Messages
    18,810 Likes Received
    I think the recipe for keeping the run game fresh is to mix in some Randle or use Dunbar as that change of pace bottled lightning ala Sproles. I'm guessing Linehan has some tricks up his sleeve. Looking forward to seeing things develop.

5. CF74

CF74 Vet Min Plus

23,435 Messages
    11,128 Likes Received
    Noodle arm is not very good at screens.....

6. Bleu Star

33,401 Messages
    18,810 Likes Received
    Well. Hopefully he is still rusty like many have stated. I would like to hope this isn't all we will get out of him this year.

One thing was glaringly obvious on Sunday. . His legs are gone. They never made it into the stadium.

7. TellerMorrow34

TellerMorrow34 BraveHeartFan

28,358 Messages
    5,076 Likes Received
    Yeah. Big shock. His football legs aren't all the way there yet. I mean you'd think with all those preseason snaps he took he'd be all the way back already.

I'm just hacking at you Star. :)

8. Bleu Star

33,401 Messages
    18,810 Likes Received
    Lol. Well hopefully they make an appearance because the ducking and falling to the ground was a bit too much.

TellerMorrow34 likes this.
  9. Arkyvarminter

Arkyvarminter Well-Known Member

2,155 Messages
    1,358 Likes Received
    I agree. I posted a thread about this very topic on the main forum and it got transferred over here. I guess Romo is still off limits......

10. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

3,371 Messages
    1,592 Likes Received
    Not the arm, legs & maybe back.

cml750 likes this.
  11. Bleu Star

33,401 Messages
    18,810 Likes Received
    Lol. Its all good. The point has been received.

12. cml750

cml750 Well-Known Member

4,214 Messages
    3,092 Likes Received
    Agreed!!! With low back problems come pain and weakness caused by the sciatic nerve. Passing is not just in the arm and a weak leg could easily cause him to be off.