Brad Sham needs to be put to pasture

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Brad Sham, the legendary Cowboys radio play caller, has had an illustrious 40 year career. I’ve listed to him since I was a kid, so his voice is nostalgic and synonymous with Cowboys football.

But it’s reached a point where he needs to either retire or be politely asked to leave. The guy is so unbelievably monotone and he can’t keep up with the game in real-time anymore. He’s worse than Al Michaels is at this point, and that’s really saying something.

Let some new blood in the booth.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
Sham is still the best. I listen to a ton of other teams’ radio guys and they are atrocious. Babe and Brad are still the best.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I have heard worse.
Brad can be an annoying homer sometimes, but he loves the Cowboys.

I have no problem with the radio crew. I've always considered he and Babe to be class. And besides, how many NFL play by play guys have you listened to? Most of them are boomer men that sound very similar.
It could be worse, as in pro baseball. The play by play guys all sound alike.
It is a genial, nasally world in which middle-class men rule in pro baseball and they refer to fistfights as donnybrooks and shoving becomes a scuffle. The Stepford announcers.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Brad Sham, the legendary Cowboys radio play caller, has had an illustrious 40 year career. I’ve listed to him since I was a kid, so his voice is nostalgic and synonymous with Cowboys football.

But it’s reached a point where he needs to either retire or be politely asked to leave. The guy is so unbelievably monotone and he can’t keep up with the game in real-time anymore. He’s worse than Al Michaels is at this point, and that’s really saying something.

I could live without the "walk the dog" signature line.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

One day, mate, you shall roux your criticisms of Sham and will wake up to smell the coffee and bagels and cream cheese, hal-al, of course.