Brady proving point with Bucs

Flamma

Reaction score
Problem with that statement is the "coaching and system" sucked before Brady took over, and it sure ain't looking too good now that he has left.

Because Belichick needs an elite QB to have that kind of success. Any elite qb would do well under his system. He doesn't even have that good of a roster let alone an elite qb.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
But, but....that QB he replaced was all world because he led the league in passing yards.

:lmao:

I digress

As for the OP. I think it was both B's that got those Super Bowls. But people were way off base saying Belichick was the main reason.
Brady is older now, but either way, he is one the elite of elite all-time.

Agreed, I always said that neither alone would have won 6 SBs...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed, I always said that neither alone would have won 6 SBs...
They are arguably the greatest HC/QB combination in NFL history.

But many Brady critics thought he was washed up. And another segment who argued Bill would have success with anyone.

Obviously Brady is proving many of these critics wrong. Some are big enough to admit and others aren’t.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
except when you're trying to marginalized what Brady is doing to that franchise

You have no idea what I'm "trying to do", I'm merely saying that it's not like Brady came into a team that was 6-10 and turned them into a 12-4 team, or such. The team was in decent shape. But just for grins, let's look at some of the 2019 games:

Week 1, Bucs lost by 14 pts. Winston threw 3 ints, TWO of which were pick-6s, which of course is 14 pts.
Week 4, beat the defending champ Rams 55-40. Rams weren't the 2018 Rams but still pretty good, convincing win. So the Bucs were pretty good, when Winston didn't screw up.
Week 5, lost to the Saints by 7, Winston? Another 2 ints.
Week 6, lost to the Panthers by 11, Winston? FIVE ints and a lost fumble.
Week 8, lost by 4 to the Titans. Winston? Two ints, two lost fumbles.
Week 10, lost to the Cards by 3. Winston? Threw an int with less than 4 mins remaining, which the Cards turned into the game winning td. No int, probably a Bucs win, as they were ahead by 4 with the 4 mins remaining.
Week 11, lost the Saints by 17. Winston? FOUR ints, one a pick 6. Think 4 ints isn't hard for a defense to overcome?
Week 16, lost to the Texans by 3. Winston? FOUR more ints, including another pick-6.
Week 17, lost in overtime by 6. Why? Bucs got the ball first, but threw a pick-6 on the FIRST PLAY of overtime to lose.

That's NINE games that essentially were lost because of Winston's ints. Just how good would Brady, if he'd played that year, have to be to win 4 more? Just taking away the week 6, 11 and 16 games, with 4 ints twice and 5 ints once, very likely Bucs wins, turning the 7-9 record into 10-6.

My point remains, Brady did NOT come into a bad team, only one with horrible qb play, otherwise they were pretty good. I'll give Brady credit for playing well, but he isn't nearly doing it alone...