Brandon Aubrey makes more history

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

2023 Cowboys rookie report: Brandon Aubrey makes more history​

Brandon Aubrey is having one of the greatest rookie seasons ever for a Cowboys player.

By David Howman

There were a few times in this game where it felt like Brandon Aubrey was about to see his field goal streak come to an end, but the rookie never even flirted with failure. His first attempt was from 60 yards, a career long for Aubrey, and the kick sailed through with plenty of room to spare. Aubrey later made a 59-yarder, earning him another piece of history.

Simply put, the man does not miss. He made all four of his field goals, improving to 30/30 on the year and setting yet another record in the process. He also connected on all three extra points. The Cowboys haven’t needed to settle for too many field goals this year, but it sure is nice knowing they have a guy with the range that Aubrey has.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...andon-aubrey-records-mazi-smith-hunter-luepke

1838655555.0.jpg

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Brandon Aubrey is having one of the greatest rookie seasons ever for a Cowboys player.
That is going to be a legit conversation before long. With only 4 games left in the season, what if he doesn't miss? With each made kick he keeps breaking his own NFL record! How crazy it that. Cowboys struck gold!!!

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Kicking 60-yard field goals in the first quarter is stupid I don't care how good your kicker is.

That's my only takeaway lol

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I think he missed one FG in the USFL last year. I am mildly interested to see what happened.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Kid has been more than impressive. I think the vast majority of us around here were concerned about the position going into the season. That has quickly faded.

rags747

Reaction score
At some point he is going to miss one, is it better to get it out of his system now or just keep on keeping on?

rags747

Reaction score
Kid has been more than impressive. I think the vast majority of us around here were concerned about the position going into the season. That has quickly faded.
Not for anything but all the reports in training camp were not all that positive so yes it was a huge question mark.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not for anything but all the reports in training camp were not all that positive so yes it was a huge question mark.
Oxnard is a tough place to kick because of the wind.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
if he already had the record for most made fg to begin a career then just upping that already-record # to an even 30 is not a "new" record per se. Its the same record. But no harm in saying this

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
if he already had the record for most made fg to begin a career then just upping that already-record # to an even 30 is not a "new" record per se. Its the same record. But no harm in saying this
You are incorrect. People can and do break their own records. Breaking a record is not dependent upon who previously held that record.