Brandon Aubrey makes more history

foofighters

Reaction score
Kicking 60-yard field goals in the first quarter is stupid I don't care how good your kicker is.

That's my only takeaway lol
It's not stupid. It's smart when you are left with no other choice. I'd argue that it's inefficient football to kick field goals because we need to look to score touchdowns but certainly not stupid.

plymkr

Reaction score
That is going to be a legit conversation before long. With only 4 games left in the season, what if he doesn't miss? With each made kick he keeps breaking his own NFL record! How crazy it that. Cowboys struck gold!!!
We struck major gold! I think it’s funny how stressed we were about the kicking game before the season.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

2023 Cowboys rookie report: Brandon Aubrey makes more history​

Brandon Aubrey is having one of the greatest rookie seasons ever for a Cowboys player.

By David Howman

There were a few times in this game where it felt like Brandon Aubrey was about to see his field goal streak come to an end, but the rookie never even flirted with failure. His first attempt was from 60 yards, a career long for Aubrey, and the kick sailed through with plenty of room to spare. Aubrey later made a 59-yarder, earning him another piece of history.

Simply put, the man does not miss. He made all four of his field goals, improving to 30/30 on the year and setting yet another record in the process. He also connected on all three extra points. The Cowboys haven’t needed to settle for too many field goals this year, but it sure is nice knowing they have a guy with the range that Aubrey has.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...andon-aubrey-records-mazi-smith-hunter-luepke

1838655555.0.jpg

Every FG he makes adds to his existing record until me misses.

Hardline

Reaction score
I haven't felt this confident about the automatic 3 points since prime Dan Bailey.
Every NFL team will probably have scouts on every college soccer teams practice field next year

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

2023 Cowboys rookie report: Brandon Aubrey makes more history​

Brandon Aubrey is having one of the greatest rookie seasons ever for a Cowboys player.

By David Howman

There were a few times in this game where it felt like Brandon Aubrey was about to see his field goal streak come to an end, but the rookie never even flirted with failure. His first attempt was from 60 yards, a career long for Aubrey, and the kick sailed through with plenty of room to spare. Aubrey later made a 59-yarder, earning him another piece of history.

Simply put, the man does not miss. He made all four of his field goals, improving to 30/30 on the year and setting yet another record in the process. He also connected on all three extra points. The Cowboys haven’t needed to settle for too many field goals this year, but it sure is nice knowing they have a guy with the range that Aubrey has.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...andon-aubrey-records-mazi-smith-hunter-luepke

1838655555.0.jpg

Any kicker made two 59+ in a game before?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Risk reward.

You can't depend on Aubrey to just constantly make them, and against good teams, giving that field position away will kill you.
But I mean if your kicker hasn’t missed and he has a leg….and your defense is top 5 how much of a risk is it really?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
What do you mean not top 5 when losing? Defense is unstoppable at home.
When they're trailing the defense isn't the same animal. No defense is, but you're better off preserving a lead and letting them play downhill than put them in a bad position for 3 points.

Long field goals are stupid early in games I don't care what your defense is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
When they're trailing the defense isn't the same animal. No defense is, but you're better off preserving a lead and letting them play downhill than put them in a bad position for 3 points.

Long field goals are stupid early in games I don't care what your defense is.
Do you don’t kick the field goal you just punt and leave the points?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Risk reward.

You can't depend on Aubrey to just constantly make them,
You so sure about that?

It's not like he was just squeaking those kicks through either.

I don't consider it a guarantee with Aubrey either, but range does not seem to be an issue for this guy. After one of those fgs, he put the kickoff through the goal post.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
You so sure about that?

It's not like he was just squeaking those kicks through either.

I don't consider it a guarantee with Aubrey either, but range does not seem to be an issue for this guy. After one of those fgs, he put the kickoff through the goal post.
I wouldn't do it with Justin Tucker from 55 either.