RELEASED Brandon Carr cut

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Carr will resign to the Practice Squad because there are two PS squads that are basically active roster spots.

I had hoped so, but that article above said:
However, while the personnel department liked Carr - it believed in his second go-around with the Cowboys he could help at corner and at safety - he and the coaching staff did not particularly mesh. (There were unkind words exchanged; let's put it that way.)​

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-cowboys-sinking-defense-releases-db-brandon-carr

Rayman70

Reaction score
guess the minute Daddy Jones asked Carr to zip up his fly, he was cut.:facepalm:

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
why is he even out there at all...using your info and facts you listed^ He is not ready.

That much I can't answer, that would be a Big Mac question.

My assumption? Trial by fire, same reason a lot of us here wanted Biadasz in over Looney. The talent drop off isn't that severe, and the kids get good game time experience.

Just my hunch, obviously.

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
or what if our staff..ie MM isnt the savant we thought when evaluating talent? Could it be we were wrong to cut him? Just an idea.
I was saying that tongue in cheek bud I simply can not believe he regressed that far from his time in Chicago to say any one of these jack holes we have at safety now outplayed him.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
diggs has been a hot mess honestly. I just am not feelin it. He should be moved over to starting safety where he can have help, not be stuck on an island.

I know what you mean. But he is one of the few bright spots on defense. But its not saying a lot.

Mind you, he is a rookie playing with no safety help.

Carson

Reaction score
I know what you mean. But he is one of the few bright spots on defense. But its not saying a lot.

Mind you, he is a rookie playing with no safety help.

Diggs is going to be a good one. As a rookie he’s always in position to make the play. Give him a year and he’ll be batting those passes down and making picks

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Yeah a lack of buy in could account for a lack of effort.

Alternate theory: maybe this staff told the entitled hotboyz this is how its going to be done but hotboyz feel their opinions mean more than the directives of the coaching staff so they aren't going all out? I know it sounds stupid but so many have claimed there hasn't been accountability for years. What if this is how they react to accountability and not being catered to, or given cool nicknames. Doubtful but its amusing to imagine the hotboyz pouting.

There are no bad students. There is only bad teachers. I learned that from Kendo.

I think this is because Nolan doesn't know what he's doing and pushing forth with a overly complex system that no one understands.

Poe dropping back into coverage is just utterly stupid.

I fault Nolan on this.

Reactions: CWR

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Diggs is going to be a good one. As a rookie he’s always in position to make the play. Give him a year and he’ll be batting those passes down and making picks

He is actually the only one trying to make plays in our backfield. No one tends to play the ball while its up in the air except Diggs.

CWR

Reaction score
There are no bad students. There is only bad teachers. I learned that from Kendo.

I think this is because Nolan doesn't know what he's doing and pushing forth with a overly complex system that no one understands.

Poe dropping back into coverage is just utterly stupid.

I fault Nolan on this.

Sure, these are professionals. They understand what is necessary to succeed and if they aren't responding its incumbent upon the coaches to find a way. That doesn't mean everyone is always going to buy in though. When you have players who are unable or unwilling you have to respond accordingly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah a lack of buy in could account for a lack of effort.

Alternate theory: maybe this staff told the entitled hotboyz this is how its going to be done but hotboyz feel their opinions mean more than the directives of the coaching staff so they aren't going all out? I know it sounds stupid but so many have claimed there hasn't been accountability for years. What if this is how they react to accountability and not being catered to, or given cool nicknames. Doubtful but its amusing to imagine the hotboyz pouting.

How many of those 'hotboyz' are even left? And other than Lawrence, I don't see a single one of them sticking with that awful nickname anyway. I think they finally realized how terrible it was and the few left have rightfully disassociated themselves from it.

And if guys aren't listening to coaches or doing what they're told, I think the coaches would have other player on the field who would.

Reactions: CWR

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Scapegoated again!

We have a Fall Guy.

He has only played 7% of the defensive snaps this season, so how does cutting him amount to scapegoating him or making him the fall guy? I also find the suggestion funny that he was scapegoated before. From what I saw most fans were fine with him being cut before, and many were even excited about it. The notion that he was overpaid seemed pretty pervasive. For that matter, I didn't see a lot of excitement about signing him this year, so it's odd that people would now defend him when he got cut.