Brandon Carr facts

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
1. He started at safety for the team with the best record in the NFL last year.

2. He's a better safety than Haha Clinton-Dix, Donovan Wilson and Darian Thompson.

3. He never misses games.

4. He's a good locker room presence.

5. He can still play cornerback as well if we need.

Is he as good as Earl Thomas? No. But he's better than what we have. That's an net positive. I'll take it.

(And I still hope we sign Earl Thomas.)

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

2. He's a better safety than Haha Clinton-Dix, Donovan Wilson and Darian Thompson.
Is he as good as Earl Thomas? No. But he's better than what we have. That's an net positive. I'll take it.

Yeah, Carr is better than our next options, but getting ET seems like a good idea.

Our DBs are ridiculously cheap. Anthony Brown is by far our most expensive DB. 1.75salary, 4.5mil signing bonus. Next up is Daryl Worley at 3mil. Darian Thompson at 2.3.

Carr is 204k.

We've picked up so many ridiculous bargains this year. ASmith. Gregory. Griffen. Carr. Hit the jackpot in the draft.

Can *probably* get ET for a cheap price. Just do it, Jerry.

The stars have aligned for us to get a ton of talent this year and make a push. I'm normally a cap cheapo, but S is our last piece, and ET is available.

Do it.

coult44

Reaction score

Some buy that lad a beer. 100000% correct and well said

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

I'll wait and see his play at safety before saying he's better than the other options there.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

#1. So what, he was not the sole reason that team had the best record.
#2. Total opinion, not fact.
#3 & #4 He is a reliable player/teammate.
#5. We have CBs, no thank you. If he plays it will need to be as a Safety.

He doesn't need to be better than ET because ET was never going to be a Cowboy anyway. But first Carr has to find his way off the practice squad.

Jipper

Reaction score
Hate to tell you guys saying carr is better than our current safety’s, but he’s not or he would be on the team as the starter.

Coaches coach, and they have been evaluating our players and will put the best on the field....remember that this year as fans we literally got to see a fraction of what we usually do with preseason.

for all we know our secondary is going to be much improved....

trust the coaches, not the name of a player you know. Carr will likely contribute but he is not going to be our starting safety initially at least nor is he our savior

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Carr signed with the Cowboys in 2012. He had 6 interceptions his first 2 seasons.

Kiffen and Rod took over in 2014. Brandon Carr Had 1 interception his final 3 seasons.

Carr joined Baltimore in 2017 and had 4 interceptions that year, 2 the following year and 0 last year.

If people don’t like Carr because of what he did here, coaching was a big reason why he struggled so much here, IMO.

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
as he did with dez, stephen has made it clear he will not tolerate distractions. ergo, no thomas. not now, not ever. i can see carr having a role in a pinch just as i can for sean lee.

blueblood70

Reaction score

6, hes really OLD lol not a S and we arent sure hes a better S rhen we have here..
7. he was covered up by a very good defense around him and ET and the best run offense in the league which keep defense off the field
8. ET and Carr couldn't keep the ravens from getting bounced early in the playoffs

sorry had to keep reality's in this OLD Converted CB to S PS player experiment.. hes safety valve no pun intended he will play if CB/S fail and fail hard..if this werent the new 16 PS player Covid experiment he would be here..

stay grounded my blue brethren..

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Apparently, the coaches think he's better than Earl Thomas or ET would be here.

That conclusion is a reach.

There are multiple reasons to sign Carr other than the coaches thinking he's better than Thomas.

One is cost. Carr is likely much less expensive than Thomas.

Two is reliability. Not only has Carr stayed relatively injury-free but he's regarded as a good teammate/team leader.

Purely as a safety, the numbers/careers/etc. are clearly in Thomas' favor. He is unsigned for those other two reasons.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That conclusion is a reach.

There are multiple reasons to sign Carr other than the coaches thinking he's better than Thomas.

One is cost. Carr is likely much less expensive than Thomas.

Two is reliability. Not only has Carr stayed relatively injury-free but he's regarded as a good teammate/team leader.

Purely as a safety, the numbers/careers/etc. are clearly in Thomas' favor. He is unsigned for those other two reasons.
It's hardly a reach.
If he was better for them, he would be here.
I didn't define better; you did.
Carr could be either or all better attitudinally, physically, financially and fit.