Brandon Carr on NFLN

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Always interesting for me to think about the Chiefs letting this guy walk, and look at their D right now.

They would be scary good on D with Carr, but sometimes money forces you to do things you normally wouldn't do.

visionary

Reaction score
Always interesting for me to think about the Chiefs letting this guy walk, and look at their D right now.

They would be scary good on D with Carr, but sometimes money forces you to do things you normally wouldn't do.

they spent the money where it should actually be spent

on the front 7

Titleist

Reaction score
That may be true but chiefs defense>Cowboys all day every day :(

Yeah, but chiefs defense > anybody's defense. They're absolutely dominant: 10 INTs, 8 fumble recoveries, and 5 TD's through 6 games. That's insane

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, but chiefs defense > anybody's defense. They're absolutely dominant: 10 INTs, 8 fumble recoveries, and 5 TD's through 6 games. That's insane

Jax
Dal
Phil
NYG
Ten
Oak
Hou
Cle
Buf

They should make it to 9-0, but let's be real here - the teams that they are beating are offensive challenged teams and we should have beat them.

Titleist

Reaction score
Jax
Dal
Phil
NYG
Ten
Oak
Hou
Cle
Buf

They should make it to 9-0, but let's be real here - the teams that they are beating are offensive challenged teams and we should have beat them.

Agreed, should be interesting to see how they match up against Denver. They could really turn some heads with a win there

Jenky

Reaction score
Carr > Flowers all day.

A lot of people on this board will disagree with you, but I've seen Flowers beat for TDs and more often or not, he's easy to body up against for receivers. It's not far fetched.

Jenky

Reaction score

on the front 7

I don't think that's entirely true. Many of those guys in their front 7 are still in their rookie contracts. Tamba Hali and Derrick Johnson are the only 2 who have signed multi-year deals recently. When the Chiefs let Carr go, they tried to replace him with Standford Routt for half the price. They ended up cutting Standford 6 games into the season. They picked picked up Dunta Robinson along the way, and now they have Sean Smith.

They are already paying Flowers and Berry good money.

Bluestang

Reaction score

on the front 7

Um you may want to retract that statement...

Eric Berry is making $8.3M per season and Flowers is making $8.225M per.

Sean Smith is making $5.5M per season and Dunta Robinson is making $4.6M per.

That's a serious investment in a secondary when only Tamba Hali and Tyson Jackson, who is on the last year of his 2 yr inflated deal, are the only other two guys that are getting paid more than those guys in the secondary.

4 guys worth almost $27M per season who all have contracts signed until 2016.

Like I said, you may want to reconsider what you just said and admit you fouled up.

dcstands4

Reaction score
I think its these appearances like this that makes us question our corner play more, Carr as been o NFLN every every week. I think this needs to stop

visionary

Reaction score
Um you may want to retract that statement...

Eric Berry is making $8.3M per season and Flowers is making $8.225M per.

Sean Smith is making $5.5M per season and Dunta Robinson is making $4.6M per.

That's a serious investment in a secondary when only Tamba Hali and Tyson Jackson, who is on the last year of his 2 yr inflated deal, are the only other two guys that are getting paid more than those guys in the secondary.

4 guys worth almost $27M per season who all have contracts signed until 2016.

Like I said, you may want to reconsider what you just said and admit you fouled up.

Ummm... No
They have a great front 7
When you do that you can also make investments at the back end although other than berry they don't have great players there, their front 7 quick pressure makes that secondary look a whole lot better than it is
Point is that if they had ALSO signed Car they would have had issues so they let him walk

Unlike our FO (and many of our fans) who think that "defending the pass" means spending all our resources on the secondary

bark

Reaction score
I think its these appearances like this that makes us question our corner play more, Carr as been o NFLN every every week. I think this needs to stop

Not sure I follow this line of thinking.
Are you saying it's taking away from his preparation time?
Carr seems like he's always ready to play. Very workman like in his approach.